Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
finding ur wig(wiggle)around (Read 800 times)
RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

finding ur wig(wiggle)around
Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:51pm

finding the wiggle(wig) around point is important if you wish to take ur accuracy to the next step.  but do know you will need a sling whose loop can be tightened up on ur finger to utilize it once it is discovered...it does not take a sling to find it, but a limber sling can be used.

each finger has a wig around point on it.  but somewhere on ur hand is a finger with ur main wig around point.  while many share the same wig around point, as there are only so many places on the fingers,  it is not the same spot for everyone.  mine is on my pointer finger, in the midsection of it with the knot to the top left.

to find it is not hard, but may take time to get right.  get get a heavy string or limber sling, and put it securely on ur finger.  let ur wrist go limp, and just allow ur hand to hang down with the string on one of ur fingers.  do not use any of ur wrist or finger muscles.  move ur arm in a motion that makes your line/sling start to rotate around while ur wrist and fingers remains as limp as possible.  the proper wig around point is the place where it can rotate, and make a whooshing sound in both directions of rotation and while doing so is only a 'U' shape and not an 's' or more curvy for ur main spot(though it may be 's' shaped for a secondary fingers wig around spot.). move the sling to different points on ur fingers until you find the right spot.  once found, that is where you are to place ur loop.  after a lil practice u will note an improvement in ur accuracy.  find the point on all ur fingers where each individual finger's wig around spot is so you know where it is and can switch up with styles and so forth, but you can easily tell where ur main one is..  for example when backhanding i use the wig around spot on my pinky finger but use the main one which is on my pointer for all other styles of slinging.

slings that just slip on a finger down to the hand knuckle are fine, buy you will never be as accurate as you can be until you find ur wig around. 
sincerely,
RS
"have u seen my wig around?"..jane's addiction

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: finding ur wig(wiggle)around
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Great post , I will try this and see how I go.
Maybe this is why I find my first sling so good (cinched finger loop)????

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:17am

I definitely agree with the tightening/tight fingerloop. Loose ones don't work at all for me. I have had loose finger loop slings slide right off my finger and land 20 feet away in the lake after a hard throw. As a result I always have to think about not doing that and that takes concentration away from the throw. A tight loop allows you to forget that and put all your effort on the throw.

I will try and do what you describe to find my wiggle if hadn't found it unconsciously yet. I generally like mine just a bit above the knuckle

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 8:27am

I also agree with this, I’ve found I like tighter finger loops also. They just give a much more secure feeling.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:26pm

i will provide a new thread tonight to share something that will help you as u find ur wig around spot.  some even say that it is equally well to go opposite of the exact spot of ur wiggle, but i have seen no difference in those two spots myself.  but u will see a difference in using ur spot or not using it at all. slings with a loose loop and slide down to the hand are fine for throwing big rocks into a crowd or throwing something 30 meters or less at a still, large target.  but consistent, more pinpoint accuracy will increase if you find and use ur wiggle.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:57pm

Can you post a picture? I'm having a really hard time envisioning what you are describing...

John R.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)