Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slings in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (game) (Read 1106 times)
AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slings in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (game)
Jan 18th, 2018 at 7:20am

Awhile ago I came across this game on sale on Steam. It was only a few $ so I decided to check it out. This is like a first and third person online medieval warfare game, where you pick a soldier of 4 classes and fight the enemy team. I discovered you can choose the sling as a main weapon with the archer class. To my knowledge this is one of the few games where that is possible.

So did they make it an accurate depiction? Well, you are limited to using helicopter style. When slinging, the character only uses his upper body and not his legs. They also say that more spin ups lead to more power, which is debatable. As ammo, you can either choose pebbles or lead balls. Sadly no lead glandes. Reloading is also way too fast. When you throw a stone, it first has very good speed but it quickly loses this speed and falls almost like a marshmellow at long distances and does no damage, which is of course pure nonsense.

Nonetheless it's still a very fun character to play. I disable the crosshairs in game to get a bit more realism and I actually play better that way. Other players absolutely hate good slingers due to their rapid fire. They can use shields to block your projectiles. It's most fun to fight against knights, as they're the slowest. Just keep bashing them with peddles, run further backwards, rinse and repeat, and eventually they succumb. If they get too close, whip out your dagger and finish them off. There are quite a lot of complex game mechanics in this game and overall I think it's an underrated gem.

Sadly the game is no longer on sale and costs $25 now. I would wait for it to come on sale again and give it a try. I must have played 20 hours as a slinger now, it's pretty fun.

Here is some gameplay footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWneUX6CnM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMAGulscBo

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

BarefootSlinger
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Tas, Aus
Re: Slings in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (game)
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 7:49am

Used to play this game with friends and only use the sling ahah with lead balls, got pretty good too, called a hacker often. Fun times but the game isnt very populated atleast in Australia anymore. The slinging depiction is minimal just a guy swinging it around

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:03am

I've always wanted a FPS shooting game with a sling. This sounds pretty cool.  Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 9:40am

War and mount viking conquest u can use a slimg. I got good at it when I played. Not sure if the other variations have it though

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 1:15pm

Yeah I've got it too, could never get used to the sling, my favourite is sprinting round with the billhook.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)