Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy christmas and a Happy, healthy and prosperous new year ! (Read 4572 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Happy christmas and a Happy, healthy and prosperous new year !
Dec 26th, 2017 at 10:30am

Bit late this year Smiley

But I hope you all had  a great christmas and I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year !

It's been an interesting year, slinging wise.

I had something of a partial meltdown at the international this year. Combination of lack of sleep, too many bedbugs, no drinkable coffee and drinking alcohol - which i don't usually do (no one believes me, but it's true).
Fortunately no one gave me a battle axe, so no harm was done.  whistle

Other than that it was a brilliant week. The picnic lunches were fantastic, the company - as usual - was exemplary. Met old friends made new ones. Did some passable slinging - okay I tore an achilles tendon - but hey, that was pretty much par for the rest of the year as well, so heh, life goes on and we all get older and bits keep breaking and falling off Smiley

I've got high hopes for next year.
With luck I can get something going at the local bushcraft show. Still need to have a chat about  a venue to see about putting on an international in the uk.

The lightweight target just needs a couple more bits and screwing the brackets on and i'll have a super lightweight target I can set up in a couple of minutes and easily carry.

So I should be able to get some target practice in, before march and mallorca.   

I think I've finally nailed the design for the 3d printed water proof sling pouches - bit of minor modification on my original printer and it's now printing flexible filaments better than ever.
I'll send some to roman in guam for proper destruction testing, but think I've nailed it this timer Smiley

Hopefully the guys who have the glande rollers will use them and post the results.

My stupidly big 3d printer will get finished in the early new year. Not sure how it's relevant to slinging - but could probably build a decent sized trebuchet with it Smiley

So that's pretty much this years letter from the heart of england.

Hope you all have a great new year and look forward to maybe meeting some more of you in 2018 !

All the best

Alex' Curious Aardvark' Johnson

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Happy christmas and a Happy, healthy and prosperous new year !
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 11:47am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 11:21am

Merry Christmas! Also, here ya go CA http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1507333839

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:35pm

Hope you're healing up CA.  Those achilles injuries are no joke.

FWIW, on Christmas day I was sitting on the bank of a river fishing half the time and gathering clay to roll the other half. The rollers work very well. I would suggest them to anyone.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:53pm

Cherio, Skol, Happy new year, and here we are again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVd_VLO9xcc (non-german speakers skip to 2:20 )

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:01am

Morphy wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:35pm:
Hope you're healing up CA.  Those achilles injuries are no joke.

FWIW, on Christmas day I was sitting on the bank of a river fishing half the time and gathering clay to roll the other half. The rollers work very well. I would suggest them to anyone.

The achilles was last march, dama]ged in increments at the international and it finally went the day after I got back.
That finally healed in the summer sometime and shortly after that I damaged the knee ligament and a quadricep muscle in the other leg.
I reckon I spent most of last year limping due to one thing or another.

So 2017's lesson was: ALWAYS WARM UP BEFORE EXERCISING.
Also, never do no exercise for 2 weeks while simultaneously spending many hours a day sat with your right leg at a daft and painful painful angle.

My biggest problem is that I have  avery high pain threshhold, so have atendency to simply ignore the warning signs that I'm doing damage to part of my body.

Plus the older I get the more care I need to take in exercising, stretching and warming up before strenuous exertion.

Currently about as fit and healthy as I'm likely to get. Left knee really doesn't like winter - probably arthritis, so not much I can do about that except keep taking the glucosamine.
right knee will most likely never be 100% again, but is currently better than the left lol

50 at the end of this year. Where did the last 30 years go ?????

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:03am

This Topic was moved here from Global Announcement by Curious Aardvark.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 8:02pm

Hey Gang
I’m still around. Getting older and slower but still here.i am now retired.(Hoorah)!!!! Developed pulmonary fibrosis butIm still alive. Moved to Delaware and am very happy with my life. Glad to see most of you are still here. Rat Man I hope your life is going well. Mauro you seem to be doing good. Any more cruises??? Curious aardvark glad to see you still at the reins. Miss Johnson from Hooters says hello.
I am and always shall be your friend Smiley
John Walker
Bigkahuna

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:52am

welcome back - you found blackbeards head yet ?

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:49am

Hallo Captain!!
No more cruises, am currently waiting for employment on a maritime agency, will have to embark on roro with the pilots and deal with their cargo while the pilots moor them.

thanks for asking, I'm happy to see you, hope everything is fine???? We should have much to discuss, how wonderful would it be to do so with a bottle or two of grog Cheesy
Welcome back my friend!

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)