Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Let's prove a sling is deadly. (Read 2015 times)
Sasha_Novikov
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Let's prove a sling is deadly.
Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:54am

Hey everyone so as some of you know there is a show called zombie go boom on youtube. They test weapons against zombie replica heads, with a pretty accurate assessment as to what those weapons would do to a human head. They sell those heads and I was wondering if there was any slingers up for the challenge. I don't think they would be able to do it because it take so much practice to hit hard and accurate. Perhaps a few of us can PayPal 10 or 20 dollars to an experienced slingers with a decent camera and he will post it online for all of us to enjoy. http://www.zombiegoboom.com/store/p1/ZGB_Ivan_Head_Official_Model.html

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Let's prove a sling is deadly.
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:08am

Wonder how much more it costs to ship.
I would love to give it a try but I'm probably not going to do it justice.

I nominate Jaegoor.

If I win any unexpected lottery I'll buy one.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:05am

I would love to do it! ...Not that I'm actually all that accurate or have a decent camera... Still I would love to do it! Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:40am

There was a video on youtube about how powerful a sling is. The slinger fired at an old toilet. The first shot took out the tank portion. The second the bowl. Now think about that being a human body....

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:48am

Toilets are brittle . Doesn't  take to much to crack and smash that ceramic. However I have seen this and I wouldn't like to be the toilet.

Jorge on slingshot channel punches a 20mm steel ball through the head completely. Gotta get someone who can compete with that.

IP Logged

Sasha_Novikov
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 9:59am

I do not no the price of shipment, however if the person would allow zombiegoboom to post it on there own channel, perhaps they would sell it half price or even for free. But even if not, and the shipping costs 50 dollars, the overall price would be 200$. If 40 of us donate 5$, then we are good to go!

IP Logged

Sasha_Novikov
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:01am

I am not stating the shipping costs that much I'm just stating we as a community can pull this off.   Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:04am

U can make some ballistic gel at home, for really cheap. From what I have researched.  I know a guy who makes his own in Az, for his slingshots.

IP Logged

Sasha_Novikov
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:28am

Ballistic gel is made to represent flesh. Not that a sling to the body wouldn't incapacitate someone, I'm sure it can pull you depending the distance you got hit from and what armor you are wearing.

IP Logged

Sasha_Novikov
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:29am

Would you mind posting a link to the ballistic gel tho? I'm interested now 😈😈

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:37am

Sasha_Novikov wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:29am:
Would you mind posting a link to the ballistic gel tho? I'm interested now 😈😈

All I did was Google ' home made balistic gel', and a ton of sites popped up. It seems to be big in the 'prepper' community. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but looks simple. Almost like making jello.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:02pm

I just spoke to my buddy, he said the same thing I said. " check online". But he does a mixture of 3 1/2 ounces of gelatin  to 1 cup of water.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #12 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:09pm

Ballistic gel is... ok. It's not 1 to 1 with flesh or even really skin. It's a resistant material which somewhat mimics the flexibility of flesh. In some ways I don't think slinging is the best thing to test with it. Testing blades I can more understand and weapons that penetrate at high velocities such as slingshots, air rifles and guns make sense to use on ballistic gel but slings? Sling stones do most of the damage through impact force. Breaking bone, deep tissue damage and such which wouldn't really do much to ballistic gelatin. Lead glandes could penetrate but probably not all that deep. The ZGB heads I think would be more interesting and more illustrative of a slings deadly potential as it has a bone-like material inside and a flesh material on top. It still isn't 100% accurate but it is closer. If using gelatin I would suggest putting PVC pipe or wooden dowels inside to come some way to simulating bones. Hitting just the gelatin would probably be a bit anti-climatic but potentially cracking "bone"? That would be interesting to see.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #13 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 2:44pm

I'll donate if we can get enough people. I would happily give up the footage for a discount.
Might attempt this ballistic gel one time soon too, seems a good task to attempt.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #14 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 5:06pm

Another option would be to try and set up one of us to go there in person and be in a video. If we can convince them, who knows, they might cover the travel expenses.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus)