Krzysztof Penderecki and Johann Sebastian Bach

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Who Would You Pick?
Reply #16 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 1:05pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:04am:
1) jesus was a rabbi. And a fundamentalist at that. Having a different religion based on himself would most likely have horrified him.

Yes, Man who claimed to be the Messiah (and was executed for that claim) would be horrified to have people worshiping him as the Messiah, redeemer of all mankind.
Curious Aardvark wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:04am:
2) no part of the bible was written during his lifetime. Best estimate is 30 years after his death - so it's at best hearsay. The chance that the bible writers ever actually met jesus are, also, pretty remote.
Acting like 30 years from event to earliest source of that event is slow for ancient history.

C'mon C_A. Yeah I get that the atheists are feeling outnumbered in this thread but at least be honest.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 12:52pm

Rat Man wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 6:30pm:
Morphy wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 3:20pm:
I can't think of any famous people that would top that list.

But if I could I would like to sit down with some elders of the Hopi or Navajo to hear their legends and stories first hand.

In the past it would have to be Jesus. Because even if I wasn't Christian that would probably be a pretty interesting pick. If not Jesus than either Otzi the Iceman or one of the caretakers of the library of Alexendria.

Jesus was very close to being one of my picks also.  I'll bet the house he'd be absolutely nothing like how organized religions portray him.  He'd probably be very cool and fun to be with.

Yes I completely agree. I don't like the modern version of Jesus given in movies. They often have him with that creepy 1000 yard stare and depressed look.

I want to know what His sense of humor was like. I want to see the human side of Him as well as the Divine. To me that would be very interesting.

IP Logged

cram
Descens

Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:25pm

I know this is old but, David Wood and Muhhamad Grin

It ain't target practice if you keep hitting.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 10:22am

david wood ? who he noidea

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)