Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nate (Read 568 times)
Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Nate
Oct 8th, 2017 at 10:16am

Started raining with a gusty wind yesterday afternoon, kept it up all night while increasing.  Eye seems to have moved past me by now, less rain, more wind.  Winds were up to 50-60 MPH (100-120 KPH) but are slowing and backing off.  Not particularly worried about flooding, I'm well above the flood plain unless we have another great melting after another ice age.

Drive way is going to take some chainsaw work to get the limbs off it and make it passable.   Sad

Barns and sheds are still standing, roof is still on the house, so it could be a lot worse.   Smiley

Dogs finally go outside to do their dog thing.  They were getting pretty cranky and irritable.   Grin

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Nate
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 12:28am

We could have used some serious rain from Nate here in parched New Jersey.  My lake looks sick We got just some light drizzle.  Most of Nate passed inland, to the west of us.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 8:10am

60mph winds are pretty intense. Good to hear no major damage occurred at your place Bill. I remember being in Dallas as a teen and we had some heavy winds. It was strange being able to lean into the wind and have it support your body completely.

We had a brief cold snap the day before yesterday. Kind of wonder if Nate had anything to do with it. Sometimes its fun to pretend youre actually in fall, even if just for a day.  Tongue

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:11pm

I had some pretty good winds but most of the rain was all around me and I didn't get the worst. 

South of me got it fairly bad but most of the worst was over by the time Nate made it to me.

I got about 4 inches (10cm) of rain in about 10 hours, it was pretty dry around here too, before the hurricane.  So the creeks got up but not enough to overflow.

Also, keep in mind that I am about 130 miles (250km) inland.

One after effect is that Nate pulled a gawdawful large amount of humidity behind it from the Gulf, it's been pretty miserable if you have to work outside.  The humidity is starting to drop finally as we finally get some northern breezes.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 5:59am

Funny so many of the hurricanes this year are named after members of my family.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)