Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling vs Riot Shield (Read 559 times)
Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Sling vs Riot Shield
Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:51am

This video popped up in my recommended (I wonder what that says about my choice of videos...) and if you look past him calling it a slingshot, the enthusiastic presenting style and the fact he's obviously an amateur, I think this is quite a good example of what a sling would do against a shield. It's obviously not that high powered a shot but it still leaves quite a mark. The guy in the video doesn't seem all that impressed but I think he's more concerned with the penetrating power which of course a stone isn't so good at. What a stone is good at though is hitting it very hard and knocking the person back. I was surprised he didn't mention  the fact that the sling was the only weapon to knock the shield over. I imagine that this would be very useful in a battle with slingers being able to disrupt front lines and generally be a nuisance. I would love to see what an accomplished slinger using a lead glande could do to it and it's making me want to head out with the giant metal frying pan I have Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS3pWwlqp8c

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Sling vs Riot Shield
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:50pm

The guy's an idiot.  Go look at some of Timpas' brain storms and see what you think.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Sling vs Riot Shield
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:10pm

Oh I'm very familiar with Timpa's videos Cheesy So much so I'm worried that I live in the same country as him... But yeah Timpa's videos are much better but it's always interesting to see what novices think about the sling. Mostly they underestimate it...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris)