Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
How to work out ACCURACY & RANGE at the same time (Read 9291 times)
Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Re: How to work out ACCURACY & RANGE at the same time
Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 6:02pm

walter wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
timpa, it is not only your opinion

But also not so simple as it sounds, because WHERE is the "fun" if not knowing HOW to get the stone INTO THE POUCH ?

For this and therefore all theorie can be exactly the same fun! Its result is called the "aha-effect", and when found the way into the "pouch" between womens legs, then it sounds even like AHAAAAAHHHH & OHHHHHA & YEAHHHHH! But not when doing it against all womens "theory" or "thought" by simply doing it like "Brutus" without any thought or poem(s).

WHAT LEADS / MOVES THE BODY ?

The body itself or the thought alias "theos" - the subjekt of all "theo-ria" ??!

WHY and WHAT posting HERE and not only slinging (for that mentioned "fun")? 100 percent of "slinging.org (forum)" and all OPINION is nothing else than THEORY!
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:24am by Apex-apoc »  

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:56am

the only flat place i can find is the sea.
so are there any good ideas on how to train accuracy and range, at the same time, at sea/beach?

some ideas are:
a floater as target but it's not easy to get one far away from the shore .
the other is throwing on the beach but that is dangerous for other people

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 1:57pm

@Apex apoc
at the first picture you mention scattering angle, here are similar measurements : see reply #10 http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1482076365/0

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #18 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 11:10am

johan wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
at the first picture you mention scattering angle, here are similar measurements : see reply #10 http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1482076365/0

Yes, I see. But the difference between throwing against a wall and throwing for a "target x range" is the number of "dimensions". It's like I already said (to Mersa):

To hit a basket or bucket (means of course "INTO" the basket or bucket that stands on the ground!) is more difficult than to hit only the rectangle above the basket (imagine "basketball"), because for hitting the basket you have not only to hit the direction in width and the direction in the hight but the correct distance (depth) too.

Okay - also when throwing against somthing like the "Diane" (or a frying pan at the wall) you have to pay attention for the hight of your trajectory parabola, but this not so much as than if you try to hit it from "very large" distances.

Therefore Morphy said: "Only if the difficulty increases linearly" (after you has been written: "soda cans at 50m is the same as shoulders at 100m."

To hit the soda can from distance of 30 m is NOT the same (difficulty) as to hit one of three soda cans from distance of 3 x 30 m (= 90 m), because the hight of trajectory parabola has to become the higher the higher the distance becomes. So that's not only mentally caused in relation to "aim small, miss small".

If you want to hit targets in higher distances than taxing the heigth of parabola gets more and more weight (important).

The ratio of my "cross-claims" is 2 : 1 because to hit the right distance (respectively "depth") is much more difficult as to hit the direction. First when the ratio is 2 : 1 then to hit the middle of the small side is nearly the same as the middle of the DEPTH.

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #19 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 11:26am

i say it's a mind game because sometimes i need more tries to hit a close target 5-30m than one further away ~80m.
it could be because the distance between projectile-eyes is relatively big at close distances, but small at bigger distances.
for the mind it would be easier to aim straight than diagonally

about aiming an area, i don't know if it is more difficult, elevation/release angle controls both height and depth.

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #20 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 11:31am

johan wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 11:26am:
about aiming an area, i don't know if it is more difficult, elevation/release angle controls both height and depth.

NO - height & depth is not controlled by release angle only but by release angle AND strenght of throwing (respectively "energy of throwing")!

To hit a target far away is more like the special task (aim) to hit the closer "Diane" with an "impact-force" of exactly "1300 newton" instead of an impact force of "any-much or xy newton".

When the Diane has been hitten, than that counts simply as a hit and as hitten. There nobody would ask for the force of that hit. But when throwing for targets in large distances than right this force becomes very important and the aim like "missed" if these force was to high or to low.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:19am by Apex-apoc »  

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #21 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:22am

Thearos wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:13am:
Mr Aardvark: the claims by Mr Apoc have been aired a month or so ago, subjected to the usual critical scrutiny, and Mr Apoc and Jaegoor have argued about technique, in German, to the point of a flame war. Have you not noticed ? Do you not, sir, actually moderate this forum ?

Nope - missed that.
what with moderating 2 forums, posting ona third and trying to read all the crap on facebook, as well as signing everyone up for this one, life, work and the odd bit of sleep. Not to mention I'm currently designing and building a giant 3d printer from the ground up in my 'spare' time. There's a chance I might miss the occasional thread.
I do try to at least read every post around here - but not always possible.
Omniscient I am not - no matter what you might think Smiley

Jaegoor mentioned a claim for 700metres with a tungsten glande ?

That can't be right or even possible.

so where's this german fight fest then ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #22 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:37am

Apex claims  700m with tungsten not jaegoor.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #23 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:30am

@Curious Aardvark
it's this thread: http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1499008756/45
it gets interesting at page 4

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #24 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:02am

Mersa wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:37am:

yeah jaegoor mentioned it to me that apox had claimed 700 metres with tungsten Smiley

Hmm, perhaps you shouldn't have pointed me at that thread whistle

Anyone remember Gronk ?
All I'm saying.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #25 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:49am

Interesting. If people wanted to work out their own scattering deviations/ranges- I've attached some formulas for them below.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #26 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:19pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:02am:
Mersa wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:37am:

yeah jaegoor mentioned it to me that apox had claimed 700 metres with tungsten Smiley

Hmm, perhaps you shouldn't have pointed me at that thread whistle

Anyone remember Gronk ?
All I'm saying.

Gronk?

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:21pm

When I read that Larry Bray did 437 meters with a stone, I thought,then 700+ meters  is possible with lead glans.
I can do 200 meters with a good throw, real good stone. Also ,I hit 350 meters with lead. And probably 400 meters,if I get a bit more practice, and learn to rifle spin them regurarely with a long sling.
So lead does at least 75% better than a good stone. For me at least.
Larry Bray's record done with a lead gland,would've been 764 meters, if the gland performed with 75% more range than a stone.  Turkish archers did 800+ meters with natural recurves,and muscle power. I think a slinger can put more muscles to work,to accelerate a projectile, however a bow shoots much skinnier projectiles,with less drag. Of course, a bow is not a sling, but they are both human powered range weapons.
Such a skilled slinger,like Apex-apoc,should make some videos, so we can whatch poetry in motion.

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #28 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:30pm

jlasud wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Larry Bray's record done with a lead gland,would've been 764 meters, if the gland performed with 75% more range than a stone.

And with a ball of tungsten (heavy metall class 4 - 18,5 g/cm3 - diameter = 17,51 mm, same wight = 52 g) Larry Bray's record would have been minimum 808 m! 

That can be calculated (online) here: http://www.schuetzenverein-ettenheim.de/sportschiessen/ballistikrechner.php

.... so, Mr. Curious Aardvark, that's nothing less than "impossible" !
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:34pm by Apex-apoc »  

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #29 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:01pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:02am:
Anyone remember Gronk ?

you have my attention...
who's that?
cannot find him on member list. maybe he's banned

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)