Send Topic Print
Online challenge (Read 94462 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Online challenge
Reply #450 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 7:39pm

IronGoober wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 4:36pm:
We should have a sticky(ed) thread where each post is a separate challenge and the post has a list of all of the entries, and a "winner". We can then modify each entry as more challengers post their entries. That is the only decent way I can think of to keep track of all of them.

This^.

Ideally the challenges should be more accessible to newer members if that’s an option.

Also, prizes would be cool for bigger challenges.

And , because I am a total nerd, ranks as people pass certain challenges they can go up in pretend internet rank. Again, nerd, so this comment was inevitable.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #451 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 8:19pm

I agree somewhat.

I’m proud that this thread has survived the whole time since I posted it but perhaps it’s time to make a dedicated thread for each challenge.

But I also can’t let it go , ha ha

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #452 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 9:50pm

I think this thread is fine to introduce challenges, but for those who want to see a quick summary and don't want to wade through 30 pages of posts, another summary thread would be perfect.  It makes it really easy to watch all the entries that way too and might get more visitors to the site interested in slinging.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #453 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 11:48pm

I think a completely separate board for online challenges would work the best.  Then there could be a separate topic for each challenge.  Which would allow for discussion, rules, etc.  But all the challenges would be listed together in one place.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #454 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 3:13am

Mersa wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 8:19pm:
I agree somewhat.

I’m proud that this thread has survived the whole time since I posted it but perhaps it’s time to make a dedicated thread for each challenge.

But I also can’t let it go , ha ha

We definitely shouldn't let this thread die. It's too iconic now Cheesy I'll be attempting the nail challenge soon and I might have another go at cycling and slinging. I did ok with it but I feel I could do a bit better now I know what's required to make it work. Should be getting my bike fixed tomorrow so hopefully it won't be too long until I get that done.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #455 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 12:16am

Here's a little more inspiration for the nail challenge Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #456 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 2:53pm

Mersa wrote on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 10:00pm:
Yeah boy!!!!
That’s awesome!!
Great slinging, I’m going to have to get out there soon!
Those hits looked awesome!!
Great job on challenges so far!!

How did I miss this?!

"Yeah boy" literally came out of my mouth as I watched your video Joe. Noice! you got the split ice ball from the hit for real this time.

I'm gonna have to try this. The frisbee hit sounds like a fun one too. I was wondering if I could get a mini-disc and dual-sling to try and get an aerial hit (Thanks for the suggestion Mersa, it may not have been this thread). I guess I'll have to try.

Also, NOOC, just so you know, your post did not go unappreciated. I love that sketch and it was a well-placed post.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #457 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 7:46pm

Thanks!  I had to look back through the thread to see which one that was.  Cheesy

The coin hit was definitely a tough one.  After not getting a hit on my first attempt, it's the first challenge I recall having the thought 'I might not get this'.  But the second attempt went much better.  I do love the aerial challenges.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #458 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 7:53pm

Yeah I agree the coin challenge was super fun , really any of the aerial challenges have been fun. I also really love the pumpkin Halloween challenges because it’s almost based on destruction and those buggers can be tough. Already got plans for this year’s Halloween challenge.

Joe has kept me working since he joined this thread!!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #459 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 1:42pm

I really can't wait for the Halloween challenge. This year I'm going for it and getting a massive pumpkin.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #460 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 3:15pm

IronGoober wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 2:53pm:
Also, NOOC, just so you know, your post did not go unappreciated. I love that sketch and it was a well-placed post.

Ha! It doesn’t bother me if a post is noticed or not. I post my nail-related content in confidence, because I know that I am holding the #1 spot in the nail challenge... we just won’t mention that I am also dead last because there are no other entries Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #461 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 4:08pm

Watch this space for the nail challenge...

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #462 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 12:28am

I'm going to try to get at it this weekend too. I just have to find a space where I can film and throw stones...

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #463 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 2:26pm

I hit the nail, but ultimately failed.  There was a surprising result from this challenge.  Here's take #1:

https://youtu.be/lGAZbsjd4bo

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #464 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 2:48pm

Stones man! You gotta go with stones.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, LightSlinger)