Send Topic Print
Online challenge (Read 94472 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Online challenge
Reply #420 - Jul 8th, 2020 at 9:10am

Let’s do it, it’s something I can probably get done unlike the other challenges that need my slinging range and a fair bit of time. Im away from home at the moment and my slinging is suffering, no range and only my rubber ball for a while now.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #421 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 12:46am

hands-free cycle-slinging is the first step down a slippery slope to the apocalypse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUX0y4EptA

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #422 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 3:37am

Damn I love that song. I completely forgot about it.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #423 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 3:58pm

We'll I've had Handlebars by Flobots stuck in my head and I've now had plenty of time to practise cycling no handed. I'm as good now as I was when I was 15 so pretty darn good Cheesy I've also actually done it. I've slung a stone on a bike! It was just on the way back from work (late night with no one around) and I managed a low power helicopter shot using a really short sling from Loki. I could probably use a longer sling without problems but wanted to play sade to start with.

Video shall be coming soon Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #424 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:14pm

Looking forward to it!

I've got my run planned out.  I don't want to go into any details in case it doesn't work out like I have it pictured in my head.  I want to try the new Y-sling I made this weekend, so the drive-by might have to wait another week.  I'll see how things go.

Also have to try to get that nail challenge in at some point.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #425 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 12:15am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:14pm:
Also have to try to get that nail challenge in at some point.

Yeah I need to do that one too. I found a perfect plank of wood for it and I have nails so I just need to get out there. My work shifts have been seriously crazy so I just haven't had the time. I had 5 shifts in a row, then one day off, then another 5 in a row, then 4 in a row with one being a 12 hour shift and now, finally, I have two days off. I need a holiday.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #426 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 1:16am

Well that was kinda fun, feel like I’d kill it on a skateboard.

Bonus angle thanks to my GF

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #427 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 1:41am

Damn it Mersa! I was hoping to get it done first! Damn good shot though Cheesy I'll hopefully be getting it done today.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #428 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 5:52am

Ok so I went out pretty early and got it done. Also lost my tennis ball and rock and bent my back wheel...

But I got it done! Video coming soon.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #429 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 6:20am

Sounds interesting, can’t wait!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #430 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 12:51pm

Great shot Mersa!  You make all the throws look easy!  Thumbs Up

I won't be able to get mine in today.  Maybe tomorrow morning.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #431 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 5:10pm

Took less than 10 try’s, was harder to ride on the bumpy road one handed than it was to throw.

Just a heads up as well, you don’t want to get your sling tangled in your wheels. That’s for sure.

I literally came home for the weekend so I’m glad I could do it

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #432 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 8:11pm

This thread is probably the most entertaining part of slinging.org for me. What I’d really like is a little more participation from other members. We have had a good little thing going between myself, kick and joe but I know there are other slingers on the forum that are well capible of these challenges.
Maybe a small incentive would encourage more activity?
Could we perhaps start a challenge with some type of judging or voting?
I would love a online tournament and 10+ competitors?
If we got 8 or 16 we could do it as a VS contest.
Start with easier tasks and vote or judge the winner of each pair until there’s a ultimate winner. A prize might encourage a few more participants. Maybe even teams?

I think that this thread being in the “sports” area gets it overlooked a lot.

I’m not in the best spot to be doing challenges as usual but this thread really gets my motivation going and keeps me improving.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #433 - Jul 18th, 2020 at 11:21pm

I'm with you man.  This thread has not only kept my interest, but has been a great help to keep me practicing.

I would also like to see more participation.  I thought the indoor challenges had a chance to do that, but didn't seem to.  That was basically a 'create your own challenge' event.  Although admittedly I had a good time with it and posted a bunch of things in a pretty short span of time.  There was also NOC's trash sling challenge (not in this thread specifically, but I think it counts), which had a prize.  But only a few entries were posted by the end.

I think there's a lot of reasons why folks aren't able or don't want to participate.  But if anyone is willing to share their own reason, I would be interested to hear.  Is it available time, video recording capability, lack of interest in crazy chance hits (like hitting a coin out of the air Wink)...

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #434 - Jul 19th, 2020 at 12:26am

Personally I would love to join in, but I can’t justify the time right now.  I am on total lockdown right now, so if I can’t do it in my backyard, it isn’t happening, and most of my “free time “ happens after dark when my children are unconscious for the night.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)