Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48
Send Topic Print
Online challenge (Read 94461 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Online challenge
Reply #390 - May 10th, 2020 at 3:16am

Awesome! That's way better than what I'm going to be able to do Cheesy I'll try anyway today Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #391 - May 14th, 2020 at 3:28pm

I was all set to do it and then a massive headache came out of nowhere and ruined that idea. Then the next day it snowed. A lot. And now I've been working and don't have a day off until Monday. My only day off... I really can't wait to win the lottery and then never have to work again. I should probably get around to buying tickets...

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #392 - May 14th, 2020 at 9:28pm

It's all good.  I've been trying to think of something for the next one but don't really like any of my ideas so far.  These indoor challenges seem to be getting progressively more difficult, which is fine.  But I'm thinking something interesting, but also fairly simple, for challenge number 5.  If anyone has any ideas, let them be heard.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #393 - May 15th, 2020 at 2:42am

I’m also playing catch up, hopefully I’ll do the melee hit soon.
I’ll also start brainstorming

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #394 - May 29th, 2020 at 8:05pm

Löschen Sie eine brennende Kerze mit einem Stein. Zerstören Sie die Kerze dabei nicht.
Distanz 10 bis 15 m Wink

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #395 - May 29th, 2020 at 8:12pm

I love the idea!  I thought about that one too.  The problem will be finding a day that has absolutely no wind, so the candle won't get blown out.

I'll add it to my list.  I still need to try hitting a nail.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #396 - May 30th, 2020 at 6:59pm

And I still need to do my melee hit. I haven’t had as much time as usual and have been back in the city. Long story short my mother has is very sick and I’m caring for her so I’m not getting much free time. I’ll try get the melee hit done in the next week and maybe we can start outdoor challenges again . Covid restrictions are lifting on the 6th where I am

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #397 - May 31st, 2020 at 12:30am

Sorry to hear about your mother Mersa.  I hope she's okay.

And take your time man.  It's still going to be a couple weeks before I can even attempt the nail challenge.  My accuracy has been so far off lately, I want to do a couple slinging sessions without a target.  Just throwing at nothing in particular.  I hope that will will get my body mechanics back in line and clear my head.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #398 - May 31st, 2020 at 6:11am

I'm very behind on the challenges. Still haven't done the melee hit one.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #399 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 2:10am

Sorry sorry sorry, I’ve taken so long to attempt this and I just rushed in a video. Not the best filming but it will do. No double on this one just didn’t have the time but a submission none the less.

By the way I hit the gnome.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #400 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 8:31am

Good throw Mersa!  You usually get the hits pretty quick.  Was this the same?  I remember it taking me probably a couple of hours to get my melee hit.  I found there were two options.  Just barely touch the first target so the sling isn't disrupted much.  Or get the sling going hard and power through it.  Most of my attempts were the easy touch.  But I remembered Kick mentioning the use of a sock ball.  After switching to that, the more powerful hits worked.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #401 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 10:01am

It was literally one attempt. First shot . I actually didn’t have time to really try but got that on film so I’ll call it good enough. I think if I hit anything substantial I’d knock the ball out.
Are we going to continue back to normal. I might be able to getafew slingung sessions in. I need some slinging motivation

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #402 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 3:58pm

I have 4 days free from work and my plan is to get the melee hit down (I suggested it and I still haven't done it  Roll Eyes ) and I might try and get the 10m challenge done. Honestly, I don't know if I'll bother filming it because I have the one video and it takes SOOOO long to film and edit (still two videos I haven't done) but I'll keep notes on how many shots it takes.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #403 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 5:37pm

One throw!?  That is crazy.  When I first started I actually tried putting baseball caps on a couple of the plastic jars I was using. Cheesy

It looked really funny, but made them way too heavy.  The sling was affected too much by the melee hit.  Just couldn't keep the ball in the pouch.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #404 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 7:37pm

I think the sling as a general rule won’t hold the amo with a serious melee hit.

Let’s wait for kicks submission then resume the slinging challenge as normal. Can vid restrictions have eased and I should be able to find a day or 2 a week to attempt some tasks.

What are our next challenges going to be??

Are we at the nail hit??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark)