Send Topic Print
Online challenge (Read 94426 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Online challenge
Reply #210 - May 18th, 2019 at 10:31pm

Thanks man!  I was thinking about a ricochet as well.  But I remembered Kick mentioning paper targets, and thought it might be easier to break through something than to hit a ricochet perfectly.

Still looking forward to see what you guys come up with Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #211 - May 19th, 2019 at 2:05am

That's so cool! Great shot!  Heading to the summer cottage today so hopefully today or (more likely) tomorrow I'll try and get the shot.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #212 - May 20th, 2019 at 11:16am

Well... I didn't have a great set-up and kept hitting the wood pieces I used to hold up the paper. As such, the paper kept ripping and was eventually unusable. I got one hit which only went through the first target then I gave up, but I've been slinging for about 6 hours at wooden targets and I've been far more accurate than I feel I usually am. I got some video of some general slinging to make up for the challenge fail before the camera died but it's going to be a while until I can get it uploaded and have another go at the challenge. Hopefully later this week.

It's days like today, when I've been mostly on target and got some really cracking hits (even though I failed the challenge), that I remember why I don't just like slinging, I love it.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #213 - May 21st, 2019 at 1:11pm

Video is done. I really didn't have a good set-up. Hopefully I'll do better soon.

https://youtu.be/C7U1kXHCvHk

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #214 - May 24th, 2019 at 10:19pm

@Kick

Nice attempt!  Other than the stability issue, I think your setup was good.

I saw you had a couple throws that got the first target but not the second.  I had this happen as well.  I uploaded a video which contains that throw along with a couple others.

https://youtu.be/63WSV08fr3I

After the throw that hit the first target but missed the second, I moved the front target back so they were closer.  I also tried to increase the velocity of my throw to lessen the arc.

I like your other hits too.  Thanks for posting Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #215 - May 25th, 2019 at 5:46am

I have a better idea for a set up that should minimise the number of hits to the supports, but, unfortunately, the weather has turned so it won't be till next week probably that I get another chance at it.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #216 - May 26th, 2019 at 1:55pm

@
Kick

you make me wonder why people live at high latitude Tongue

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #217 - May 26th, 2019 at 2:06pm

The snow Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #218 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 3:42am

So guys were almost back at the Halloween challenge , anyone keen to get another one going this year

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #219 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 8:20am

I saw a "On this day last year" type post on Facebook of the damage I did to that pumpkin recently Cheesy They's also got pumpkins back in the shops. Maybe we should go for something different this time though. Have a hanging target as a "bat"?

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #220 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 10:43am

Whatever is decided, I'm in!  I'd be fine with a pumpkin hit challenge.  I wasn't part of the last one.  I think it was October last year that I was just joining the forum.  At that point I hadn't done much of any target slinging.  Just random throwing and distance.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #221 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 7:05am

Love to see an ice ball vs pumpkin.
I want to test some ammo I've been saving so I vote for pumpkin to remain.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #222 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 8:46am

The pumpkin challenge would be a nice annual contest for slinging.org. Who doesn't love smashing a pumpkin with a sling?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #223 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 10:11am

I'm good with pumpkin if that's what we're all going for Cheesy Now if we could get some good weather over here...

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #224 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 12:16pm

Mersa wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 7:05am:
Love to see an ice ball vs pumpkin.

Oh, it's coming. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger)