Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Online challenge
Reply #180 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 12:39pm

I've been rabbit hunting! Cheesy

https://youtu.be/IpRbmucu5kk

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #181 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 6:21pm

Nice kick , good solid hit to the vitals , bunny was dead on impact , ethical kill , did you eat the whole thing Wink ha ha

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #182 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 7:56pm

If you didn't eat it, you can put an egg inside, tape it back together, and then do it again Grin
Nice hit Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #183 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:17am

My girlfriend and I shared the rabbit Cheesy I think I hit it directly in the face and completely decapitated it. I had wrapped it in clingfilm in an attempt to keep the delicious innards together but the sling stone cared not for my plans. Most of the chocolate was saved but a fair few chunks were scattered. One thing I learned was that my accuracy hasn't been too negatively effected by the winter break. I'm still not as good as I would want to be but, for 20m distance, and such a small target, I didn't do too badly I think. I'm still no Jeagoor though.

The bolas is a lot easier to throw and I spent another hour or so practicing with different throwing techniques. I only had the one short video because the camera battery was dying but I'm hoping to go out again some time soon and get more bolas footage.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #184 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 10:23pm

Here is my submission for the egg-hit challenge.  Forewarning, I never achieved a direct hit on an egg.  The linked video is my best one (second throw in the video).

I think I may have gotten slight contact with the egg on this throw.  The reason for that is because in all my attempts to break one, the egg fell to the ground many times.  Sometimes I made contact with the plate or a branch, and sometimes the wind blew it down.  But this is the only time it actually broke.  That being said, the fall could definitely be the only factor.

The sling is paracord with a leather pouch.  The length is 29 inches (73.5 cm).  The distance of the throw is about 45 feet (13.7 m).  Ammunition is 2.5 inch (6.3 cm) ice balls.  Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/zO0Ubc7Mo5g

One last thing, I have a whole bunch of recordings from trying to hit an egg.  As soon as I go through them and do some editing, I'll be posting a couple more videos.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #185 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 5:14am

Good hit! Much smaller target than my rabbit as well.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #186 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 6:02am

Awesome stuff guys , I haven't had a opportunity to try yet , gotta be in next day I guess otherwise I guess I'll have to forfeit , great hits guys

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #187 - May 1st, 2019 at 4:27am

So I was lucky enough to finish work early so I got 9 old eggs I had saved and went out to a spot I use.

I almost got the shot I wanted but I failed and ran short on eggs, the final egg was all I had left and was able to get a hit from approx 7-10m as a static target , the moving target thing is really instinctual but also very hard , I hope I can do this one day and get it on film

Below are 2 clips
One of the hit that I'll use for my submittion , and a photo of the egg after , the egg is in the left of screen on top of a pile of sand .
Second clip is the close miss for the shot I was trying to get on film , but at 2 eggs a throw I only had 4 trys .

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #188 - May 1st, 2019 at 11:08am

Great stuff man!  Glad you had a chance to get out and blast an egg.

Love the second video even without a hit.  That's some Jaegoor-like stuff there Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #189 - May 1st, 2019 at 1:05pm

Awesome! I'm feeling guilty now that I had the chocolate rabbit because hitting an egg is a lot harder. Great stuff guys!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #190 - May 1st, 2019 at 8:47pm

I'm glad we all were able to make a submittion , well done team , shall we vote or are we not fussed ??? There is nothing to win just the pride . But I think all shots are great

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #191 - May 2nd, 2019 at 4:02am

Nah let's not bother voting. I think we should keep up the challenges anyway though. It's good fun Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #192 - May 2nd, 2019 at 5:13am

For sure what's next ?!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #193 - May 2nd, 2019 at 7:12am

Double kill? Two targets, one in front of the other and you have to hit both with one shot. I don't know what type of target would be best for that though. Maybe paper targets?

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #194 - May 2nd, 2019 at 11:43am

I like the challenges to.  It's fun having a specific goal for practice sessions.

I think the double hit idea is good.  Maybe two standing targets on the ground or a platform.  Now I'm envisioning slinging a bowling ball at some pins Cheesy

The paper also sounds good though.  Maybe a thin piece of paper taped over a large ring.  Then hang one in front of the other.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)