Online challenge (Read 94430 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Online challenge
Reply #105 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 9:22am

RS wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 4:27am:
no.  but i have started gathering some of the info for mr. skinner.  in a way i feel bad about doing it like that, but i will show him a couple things regarding it anyway.  it is a chore but one i am not too burdened by.  but i am going to start making a series of training videos later this spring and summer.   drills for slinging improvement, one of the best places to do said drills, show a few neat things about different styles that i have not seen others show, and among many other things..."the game"...

the game is the ultimate in slinging games, witht he exception of playing war.  it involves one certain type of slinging move called,(for a loooong time) "the floating backhand."   the playing forum requires a small bit of a set up, but really is easy to adjust.  each man, for the most part will have a slightly different webbing height...according to his personal 'full' cubit(measured from the bent outside elbow to middle finger tip, or two and a half spans of the hand. (span is used here to mean length and not full area or expanse as it also means) as a cubit and two and a half spans are virtual equal).  so no one has advantage.  the projectile leaves the sling, cannot go over the man's webbing which is set at his cubit in height and the longest thrown distance wins...it has to be done with the floating backhand only which requires a certain hold and follow through....the entire maneuver feels completely unnatural but is call by the name that it is  because when the projectile is released it floats  a cubit or less off the ground for as far as it can go(if it touches the webbing it is disqualified, if it goes out of bounds sideways or touches the sticks holding the webbing, it is disqualified, and when it touches the ground it is dead, i.e. rolling does not count towards distance.)  as each man's height is raised or lowered according to his own body, no one can claim disadvantage one way or another....it is supposed to be the deciding factor of who has the best working understanding of slinging dynamics...today i got, and with my non dominate hand i might add...approximately 16 metres,(i had no webbing but was easily within height) a new record for me...when i do the video to show how it is set up, i will offer a trade forum challenge, prized for any who can beat my distance, which will be recorded at the time of instruction and show u the results.

side note: the same source in which i got this and the staff info. also lays out, what it calls, the proper sling to body size measurements. but i will hold that down for now as well.

iow's i am going to wait on much of what i have to say until the videos to keep assertion slinging loudmouths at bay.  i will post them on youtube and perhaps leave a link here.

Why can't you post that information that has been requested here? In mutiple posts across this forum, that you have done. Multiple people including myself has requested you post links to information.  To which you haven't done it yet. Also when you started on this forum, a few members had issues with your attitude, that you are the ' all knowing sling master'  which if you can't backup your information to what you stated.  It seems you are pulling this information out if thin air. This forum is for sharing knowledge,  and discussing it. Not picking random stuff from your 'secret ' crystal ball that has connections to the past.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #106 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 9:25am

For what it's worth, I'm always willing to be persuaded, though I know that's probably not high on your list of priorities.

If this video does indeed come out with compelling information and target slinging skills to back it up I will be delighted. But...based on 7 years on this forum and reading some pretty wild claims with virtually no proof, I have to say it's hard not to be skeptical at this point.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #107 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 10:11am

I really don't want you to feel attacked or anything RS, it's just if someone came to me and told me they have a treasure map that leads to a chest that's full of jewels but they don't let me see the treasure map or go with them to find the chest and they never show me any of the jewels I'm going to start questioning exactly how real the map is. I can't think of a single reason why posting sources on this forum for others to read and investigate for themselves could ever be a problem unless those sources don't exist. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a perfectly good reason as to why you've evaded the question of exactly where you are getting your information and refused to simply post the titles of the books you've read or any of the authors who are so learned in slinging. Maybe there is a good reason but you haven't even offered any reason other than it's "difficult". I could well be eating my words once these videos come out and you actually share the information you say you have access to but I still don't understand why you can't share it now. Please, if you can't actually give us sources tell us WHY you can't give us sources.

It's getting tiresome.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #108 - May 5th, 2018 at 9:30am

Vet, Morphy, and KTO: I think you may have scared RS off with your completely unreasonable request for references. He hasn’t been trolling us with mysterious sling tales of questionable authenticity in a while now  Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #109 - May 5th, 2018 at 9:36am

It would seem so. Maybe he's still working on those videos as I type and they're going to entirely revolutionize slinging, the reference list stretching off into infinity, but somehow... I doubt it.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #110 - May 5th, 2018 at 9:51am

Probably to my detriment I always have a little razor thin slice of hope that there will be some video showing something at least. Not just for his claims but for all the people who come on here and make these over the top claims of some new and improved this or that. RS, if you're out there, please make that video. I would be absolutely thrilled to see slinging, as you mentioned, that was so much better it almost isn't even the same sport. No sarcasm there, I would be thrilled.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #111 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:11pm

according to kabbalah doctrine, david's slinging ability really had nothing to do with it.  several reason why, from the way he prepared his rocks to a phrase he used that shocked goliath causing him to momentarily lower his shield giving david all the advantage he needed.  they teach the conversation was a few lines longer than what is biblically referenced.  it is said david never told anyone what the phrase was because it works on everyone.  he only shared it with solomon when david was on his death bed and accordingly solomon has it hidden in full in one of the o.t. writings he supposedly authored, but done in a way that one would not suspect what it is, but that it seems out of place still and kind of, well very sort of... child-like...
also the preparation of the rocks is shared in those.  apparently it has to do with the parched corn according to the kabbalah and a method he used to magnetize those rock by preparing the corn with them then cooking them somehow.   Grin 
i have for sure found another rock mutation recipe....let's see if i can post it and how long it takes to catch the attention of home land security to get here...lol  i'll go ahead and do that now in the goliath forum.
somebody give it a try and see what happens!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #112 - May 9th, 2018 at 2:07am

RS you truly are the Neo of reference dodging.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #113 - May 9th, 2018 at 4:46am

He's the new apex

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #114 - May 9th, 2018 at 11:20am

I'd say he's even more adept than Apex.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #115 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:12am

You do realize that corn did not reach Europe until the 1500s? That is AD. How much longer to the middle east Shocked

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #116 - May 10th, 2018 at 7:55am

If you're having trouble with the corn I suggest you steer clear of the Project Goliath subforum all together.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #117 - May 10th, 2018 at 9:40pm

Morphy wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 7:55am:
If you're having trouble with the corn I suggest you steer clear of the Project Goliath subforum all together.

Huh

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #118 - May 11th, 2018 at 1:25pm

All I wanted was a picture to the two pieces of leather crossed in an "X" fashion.  I thought he had found a new type of sling and I just couldn't understand how it worked.

I still can't make a cestros or a staff sling work worth a hoot.  When I try, it's safer for everybody to be a long way away.  Probably including myself, I probably have the dubious award of almost being the only guy to almost kill himself with a cestros dart.  I managed to hit myself with the flat instead of the point.

No, I have no idea how I managed that. Grin

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #119 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 4:51pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAE6Qt5byIA

max distance hit was 18m i think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Mauro Fiorentini)