Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Absolute maximum slinging length (Read 33578 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Absolute maximum slinging length
Reply #180 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:18am

Quote:
If you can throw a stone for 370 m, than you can throw a ball of tungsten (same mass) for 740 m ...

Nonsense.  Plus there are almost no recorded instances of anyone throwing a stone over 370m

Also non spinning balls not only don'y fly totally straight (evidence a baseball pitchers knuckle ball) but without topspin to give extra lift - they don't go as far as a ball with correct spin.

So one thing that is consistent in all this is simply that there are no videos of you slinging apox.
No indication of your slinging style.  No evidence that any of this is in any way true.
Just a bunch of completely unsubstantiated and largely unbelievable claims.

To also claim that you get zero spin is - again - nonsense. The sphere might not spin as much as with a regular sling, but there is a small amount of roll before it leaves the sling and consequently there IS rotation.
The fster it leaves the pouch, the more rotation it will have.

How do you measure distance and when are you going to video this miraculous throwing style ?

And to say that yurek was not an experienced slinger is hilarious.

He most certainly was both skilled and highly expereinced when he claimed his 500metre throw.

What you need to bear in mind is that the acknowleged top slingers in the world are looking look at your claims and say they are ridiculous. 

Now either you have come up with a completely unknown and super powerful throwing technique, or you are indeed the hulk, or at the very least Hathor Julius Bjornsen on pcp.

So far it is all talk - do you have any evidence of your claims at all ? 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #181 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:33am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 11:18am:
No indication of your slinging style.  No evidence that any of this is in any way true.Just a bunch of completely unsubstantiated and largely unbelievable claims.

Like yours! No video or any proof for only one of your claims, objections or contradictions!

The claim about "370 m with stone = 740 m with tungsten" I have already long corrected in one of my following posts. But the online calculator "Balistikrechner Ettenheim" calculates for the mentioned bullets nevertheless an advantage of 72 %. That means the ball of tungsten (same mass) flies 1,72 times further than a ball of stone.

Ergo: 720 m with tungsten = 407 m with stone! PROOFED by online calculator! http://www.schuetzenverein-ettenheim.de/sportschiessen/ballistikrechner.php

And only by the way: If it is allowed here to tell only what is proofed by videos, than you can close your forum, because more than 90% of all its claims, comments or mentions are NOT proofed or filmed.

Have you seen Jagoors deer-shot on video?
Have you seen his mentioned relation beetween "cracker" and its "function" ???
Where is your video or proof for mentioned spinning effect?

And to say that yurek was not an experienced slinger is hilarious.

May be, but his own statement. Please read or citate my (and Yureks) comments completed and correct!

Have you seen Yureks super-throw on video ... or any other proof? NO ! ! !

So far it is all talk - do you have any evidence of your claims at all ?

No - have you some for your own claims?
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:10pm by Apex-apoc »  

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #182 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:05pm

Apex du bist ein schwätzer.  Ich habe viele wie Dich kennen gelernt. Du kennst yurek  nicht. Auch andere großartigen slinger kennst du nicht. Und sie kennen dich nicht. Ich kann dir nur anbieten zu beweisen was du kannst. Nächstes Jahr in Haithabu. Da kannst du zeigen was du kannst. Ich zahle dir die Fahrt . Und das Wolfram Zahl ich auch. Lass sehen ob du nur schwätzen kannst. Oder komm zum internationalen Vergleich nach Palma. da gibt es eine menge kuzdistanz turnhallen slinger. Kein problem für dich.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #183 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:14pm

Jaegoor wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:05pm:
Ich habe viele wie Dich kennen gelernt. Du kennst yurek  nicht.

Und du kennst mich nicht, also schwätzt du hier bezüglich dem, wen oder was du (wie mich) kennen gelernt hast in der Tat nur reichlich dummes Zeug.

Das merkt man schon daran, dass du ganz offenkundig glaubst, es sei derjenige "berühmt" (bekannt), der allein dir und noch fünf weiteren Hanseln bekannt ist. So eine dermaßen ausgeprägte Eingebildetheit / Vermessenheit ist mir in meinem ganzen Leben noch nicht untergekommen.

Defacto interessiert keine alte "Saubermacherin", wen du kennst oder nicht kennst, geschweige denn, wen du "großartig" oder "geschwätzig" findest - vor allem nicht, solange du selbst bloß schwätzt.

Also weiche hier mal nicht immer nur den eigentlichen Fragen aus, sondern lege das Video für dein mit der Schleuder erlegtes Reh und die beiden anderen Behauptungen vor, denn genau das war (wie vieles andere von dir) bislang bloß GESCHWÄTZT.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:10pm by Apex-apoc »  

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #184 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 1:51pm

Jaegoor wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 7:09pm:
Thearos ich sah in Palma Jaume Darder mit einer sehr kurzen  Sling 400m weit werfen. Darüber war ich damals sehr erstaunt.  Jaume ist ein Meister , ähnliche wie Luis ...

Tja - nur blöd, dass wir das (und deinen eigenen Super-weit-wurf mit Glas-Blei-Kugel) nicht ebenfalls gesehen haben und / oder du das nicht gefilmt hast, denn so ganz blank wirkt das ja nun wie das blanke Geschwätz und vollends wie mal schnell aus dem Ärmel geschüttelt - nicht wahr? In fünf Jahren Mitgliedschaft hiesigen Forums das wahnsinns Ereignis nie erwähnt, es dann aber plötztlich "getan" aber (aus ganz unerfindlichen Gründen) "geheim gehalten" haben wollen.

Allein das ist schon mal seehhhhr merkwürdig, um nicht gleich zu sagen "sehr verdächtig geschwätzig"!

Bist du vielleicht (wie schon mir von dir unterstellt) so ein "Angeber", von welchen wir schon "sehr viele kennengelernt haben" ???

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #185 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:21pm

there are plenty of videos of me slinging - just type curious aardvark and slinging into youtube Smiley
I'm one of only two slingers in the uk who will turn up just about anywhere and anytime if someone wants a slinger.
I'm the principle slinger in the last textbook published about slings.
One thing you can guarentee is that if I claim I've done something - there is proof that it happened. And I don't lie - point of honour. Some of the stuff I've done in my life sounds implausible - but I find if you're the guy who will always turn up, you do get to do unusual things Smiley

And I've met Jaegoor and slung with him many times.
Definitely one of the most accurate slingers on the planet and a man who puts in the practice damn near every single day.

Having seen him sling in person - and knowing him as well as I do, I'm inclined to believe most of his claims Smiley   
The slinging world is small and most of us know each other and what we're capable of.
I haven't met jurek - but some of the guys have. He's not a man to make things up either.

So you're basing all your claims on the output of an online calculator ?
Not actual slinging or measurement ?

The thing about science and maths is that it often bears no resemblance to the real world.
It's only recently that scientists and mathmaticians have been able to prove that bees can fly.
Something bees have known for millions of years.

There was an archaealogical experiment done recently by a couple of physicists and The awesome slingshot channels Joerg sprave. No actual slingers.
And they mathematically 'proved' that the attacking slingers in the experiment had to be 110 metres away and had to sling at only  a narrow angle to hit the defenders. 

Any half competent slinger would have been able to prove them completely wrong in a couple of minutes.
I'm not the only one who volunteered to do the job Smiley

So again - you have claimed massive world record sling throws - where is the actual physical proof ?
What is your mysterious slinging style ?
Why are you so reluctant to show us ?

And for the record I have also met Larry Bray and videoed him slinging - again on youtube. search for sling golf wyoming 2007.
I'm also the first and - so far - only englishman to ever win a balearic slinging trophy.
My slinging credentials are public knowlege and not under question.

Anyone claiming to have slung over 700 metres is going to have to prove something so massively further than the current world record.

The thing about slingers - as a group - is that we are pedantic sods to a man and woman.
You can tell us anything you like - but if you can't back it up, don't expect anyone to believe you.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #186 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
there are plenty of videos of me slinging - just type curious aardvark and slinging into youtube

Great! But no one belongs to your claims from your previous post. To have made some videos about fishing or paragliding means and proofs not to have all knowledge and proofs in and for everything  Wink

You must not proof to have slung a little bit, but that what you have claimed against my claims!

So again - you have claimed massive world record sling throws - where is the actual physical proof ?

Okay - than again again: You have claimed massive claims against my claims - where is the physical proof for them?

You can tell us anything you like - but if you can't back it up, don't expect anyone to believe you.

Had never done this, and believe not only 5 percent of all what is mentioned or claimed here (at slinging.org).

Anyone claiming to have slung over 700 metres is going to have to prove something so massively further than the current world record.

Aha! So please PROOF this claim, because that already was a claim! (concrete: "Proof the claim that all claims have to be proofed!).

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #187 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:08pm

Umm, none of that actually makes sense.
90% of videos of me on youtube are slinging related.
No videos of the other things noidea

YOU have claimed exceptionally long sling throws - against all previous existing knowlege, proof and slingers.

You refuse to offer any evidence that you can even sling.

Not sure what you're still arguing about ?

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #188 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:16pm

I'm half tempted at this point to set up a Go Fund me to send Apoc a camera.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #189 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:17pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:08pm:
YOU have claimed exceptionally long sling throws - against all previous existing knowlege, proof and slingers.

Oh - I see: On slinging.org the most of all people only tells that what all people know already - otherwise it have to be proofed. Mmh - that indeed makes a little bit more sense than no sense.

Okay - so when will you proof that any claim has to be proofed, and where is Jaegoors proof or video for the "by sling shot deer" or / and "long distance throw with glass coverded lead-balls"?

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #190 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:22pm

I went to the shops. Do you need proof? Not really.

I went to the moon using a fridge, a bar of soap and half an apple. Do you need proof? Yes because it's a claim that goes against all previous knowledge.

None of us have ever heard of anyone slinging 700+m which is why it would be nice to know how it's done. If I say I threw about 20m today people will say "Yeah you probably did. Believing that is easy and doesn't challenge anything I know about slinging."

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #191 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:26pm

Kick wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
I went to the shops. Do you need proof? Not really.

Me in no way (!), but you (... not really)!

Kick wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:22pm:
If I say I threw about 20m today people will say "Yeah you probably did. Believing that is easy and doesn't challenge anything I know about slinging."

Than please tell something like this only - day by day and year for year - but tell it not to me, because I want not to know what is known and told already!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #192 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:32pm

Never mind.

IP Logged

Apex-apoc
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

nahe Nürnberg (Germany)
Reply #193 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:40pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:08pm:
Umm, none of that actually makes sense. 90% of videos of me on youtube are slinging related.

Come OOOON! Nobody was talking about the question if you are slinging or not, but talking about claims against my claims! Don't remember your own claims anymore ???

Make a video-proof for your spin-effect-claims and for that what is "possible & impossible" as you (and your slingning collegs) have claimed!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #194 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:41pm

I think some of us arent even as skeptical about the theoretical possibility of it as much as whether its actually been done by any particular person.

I think when you make a claim like this you have to expect significant push back. If you want that claim to be believed on your word theres a way to go about it and a way not to do it. A flame war, eh...not so much.  Smiley

Maybe thats just me though. Ive debated Jaegoor many times in the past over target slinging ideas. While we still dont always see eye to eye, the way he backs everything up with videos and skill definitely makes me, personally,  more likely to be open to things he has said than if he had resorted to insults.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick)