Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New guy with a throwing problem (Read 726 times)
Marten
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

New Mexico
New guy with a throwing problem
Jun 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm

Greeting from New Mexico. Well I am hooked. A friend made me a split pouch para cord sling and gave me several tennis balls. Well I went out to a back stop and started launching tennis balls. I threw 12 using the figure eight method. No problem. Did 12 more and twelve more. I was getting great power and accuracy... Than on the 37th throw and there after I could not keep the ball in the pouch, it keeps flipping out when I swing it back. So I got some rocks and slung them, no problem. I can't figure out, is me or is the sling  stretching or something. Rocks no problem, tennis balls out the back door. Go figure! Any ideas? I am going to make my own soon. Thanks, Great forum! Smiley This is driving me crazy, from nailing it the first time out now  frustration.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: New guy with a throwing problem
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 11:28am

by the sound of it, you're stopping, usually before the actual throw itself.
Which would be when the tennis ball falls out of the pouch.

Fig8 should be a single continuous and accelerating movement.
Can;t say for certain without video, but I'd bet you;re either slowing down or stopping just before you bring the sling forward for the actual throw.

Seen it plenty of times Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Marten
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

New Mexico
Re: New guy with a throwing problem
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 12:37pm

Thanks for the info! Just went out and tried again. No go. OK for rocks and golf ball sized plums. Like you said my form must have changed or there is an issue with the para cord sling. I'll see if I can up load some pictures. The ball wont stay in with and style of throwing.

IMG_2140.JPG (1612 KB | 79 )
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2139.JPG (1870 KB | 41 )
IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG (1934 KB | 53 )
IMG_2138.JPG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)