Send Topic Print
Atlatl Video (Read 1494 times)
SlingerDave

Stop!!! Let me hide behind
this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Atlatl Video
Jun 4th, 2017 at 8:48pm

Well it has been forever since I've made a youtube video, but here is the latest one: making and throwing an atlatl dart.

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Atlatl Video
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:09am

I really need to make the effort to get some nice darts made and do some practice. Yours are looking really nice!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 12:17pm

Nice video.  You had some good shots there. Which do you feel is easier to aim the sling or atlatl?

IP Logged

SlingerDave

this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 6:37pm

Thanks fellas.

In my experience, the atlatl is easier to aim. When you think about it, barring strong winds you only need to concern yourself with the vertical axis. But.......... I also think the sling has more power in the throw. A slingstone definitely travels further.

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:30am

the friction fire is just showing off - or is it ? lol
Notice i skips from twirling to finished fire. Could a lighter have been involved ? whistle

Damn fine throwing Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

SlingerDave

this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:45am

C. A.!!! How could you possibly suggest such a thing!  Angry I have many written testimonies that would give veracity to my brother's prowess. ( And the most common phrase that occurs is "showing off"...) Grin Wink

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini)