May 6th, 2017 at 7:23pm

If you want to know about my EDC, see here:

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: My EDC
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2017 at 8:50pm

LOL  still laughing Grin I must get a periscope.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2017 at 10:28am

I've gotta' know, why an almanac?

And where is the ammo for those slingshots?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2017 at 7:06pm

Timpa, you crack me up. When I was an MP in the army we carried  big Maglights. The night sticks (Billy Clubs) they issued would sometimes break during use. Maglights never do. They are heavy and  extremely durable. They make an ideal weapon along with being a dependable flashlight.

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #4 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:58pm

Thanks guys Smiley

Everyone must have a periscope.

The slingshots ammo were forgotten! Angry

Yep; Maglite with a batteries are really heavy.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #5 - May 17th, 2017 at 8:24pm

Here's my EDC for comparison  Smiley

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:56am

A 3 gunner who carries a revolver? Careful there Masi,they might kick you out of their club  Wink

My edc:
Wallet, two 6ft sections of paracord (tied as hayanawas or zipper sinnets depending on my mood when I last used them), Karambit, and Leatherman multi tool. And now days a diaper bag. Grin

Oddly in this day and age I don't carry a phone. That stays in the car and since I'm home with the kids it's not worth the money to me to get another one.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:19am

perpetualstudent wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 8:56am:
A 3 gunner who carries a revolver? Careful there Masi,they might kick you out of their club  Wink.

I want to do heavy metal with my Garand, my Webley, and a borrowed pump action! Grin I usually carry a bottom feeder, but a pocket carried revolver worked better with my OOTD.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:09am

Lmao - brilliant. !
You had me at 'periscope'. Thumbs Up

If i empty my pockets and i'm not wearing a jacket:
Frnt right:  mantiss buzzard, lip salve, small multi function metal torch, mini microscope 60x magnification with both led white light and uv light, change purse with tin&bottle opener as well as money, handkerchief, at least 2 usb drives, toothpicks.
Front left: wallet, with credit card scalpel/knife, 3d printed trolley tokens and trolley keys for giveaways.
back left: 1 or 2 slings.
back right: gerber ceramic v knife sharpener, comb, lucky sea bean, glasses wipe cloth, fisher space pen,

Left side on belt: gerber plierman 600. Mp600, but with scissors and the half serrated knife blade. Best multitool on the planet !

If i've got my dogwalking jacket on you can also add: 3 inch thumb opening penknife, bottle of water, small torch plus spare battery and of course, a bag of dog biscuits Smiley

In short my jeans weigh about 7lb Smiley

To answer the question, could you survive if you were shipwrecked and only had the clothes you were wearing. I reckon i;d get by Smiley

When i was at college i was once picked up by the fuzz. The desk sergeant who processed me had to draw extra boxes on the form that listed pocket contents. Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #9 - May 19th, 2017 at 9:54am

Well I suppose I should offer mine.

Left trouser pocket (never use back pockets so just front): Phone
Right trouser pocket: keys, mini Swiss army knife (can't remember the proper name but incredibly useful with small knife and scissors) all on a British prison officer's chain (from a great Army surplus website).
Jacket left pocket: headphones
Jacket right pocket: bus card
Jacket inside pocket: wallet

That's it basically. If I'm at work then I have my homemade nurse's helper. Has my surgical scissors, Sharpie and a ball point. Also often has my patient list for the day. I got the clip actually when my girlfriend bought a hat and they left the clip on. Turns out it's perfect for this.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2017 at 7:38am

Ought to mention that torch is focuseable, so has a neat little lens I could probably use to light a fire. Probably use the microscope for that as well.
And i just fitted a new refill to the bullet space pen. So thats another 10 years of being able to write upside down while underwater.

Great story about that.
The american company fisher spent years and an awful lot of money perfecting a pen with a pressurised ink tank that could write in zero gravity.

The russians used pencils Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2017 at 8:52am

Mine is fairly simple. Usually a pocket knife, phone, keys. If I have my back pack then there is also a sketchbook, mechanical pencil and thermos filled with ice water. Nothing fancy.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:13am

Ah the Russian story is bull. Lots of little bits of highly conductive graphite floating around in zero g in a small box of electronics is a disaster waiting to happen. A big fiery disaster.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2017 at 11:48am

grease pencils ?
They definitely went simple.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2017 at 12:41pm

I have started wearing shirts with large breast pockets. 

Reading glasses, a Bic lighter, lip balm. ear plugs, my hunting and fishing license, a couple of cough drops, some cotton string, and whatever else I stuff in my shirt.

As far as wearing trousers with pockets, I keep a small amount of change in my right front pocket, my keys to my truck or car and a folding Gerber pocket knife.  I wear a small fixed bladed knife by my left front pocket.  I carry my wallet when I go to town in my left rear, otherwise the left front and both back pockets stay empty.

I don't have a butt, if I put a lot of stuff in my trouser pockets, even with a belt, my trousers fall down.  Even with a belt, I am constantly pulling them up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Masiakasaurus)