Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I might have just came up with a slinging breakthrough! (Read 861 times)
Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
I might have just came up with a slinging breakthrough!
Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:26pm

It's possible I'm not the first to think of this or try it, possibly it was a lost teqchnique in history. For me it works very well, drastically increasing my accuracy AND power. I've found longer slings seem to work best, but that may just be because I usually use long slings. What is this breakthrough you may ask?

Feinting shots. Think of how a golfer brings the club to the ball multiple times before really swinging. This didn't make me come up with this, I'm not sure how I came up with this, but when I did the golfer example came to mind to explain it. This doesn't work with all slinging styles, as it requires you to be able to feint a shot and return to the beginning. I've found styles that go in circles work best, like the helicopter. Basically you start slinging like normal, but throw after the sling is spinning comfortably and don't let go, then do this 1-2 more times and then let go. This allows you to get a great feel for the rock, and angle your shot. It also seems to grant more power. I literally just came up with this like 20 min ago. I would have done more testing, but I was getting eaten by bugs. The only drawbacks I see with this is it takes more energy as you are throwing multiple times (not as hard as the real thing for me sometimes, I'm not sure what works best yet) and it takes more time.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Sasha_Novikov
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Re: I might have just came up with a slinging breakthrough!
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:49pm

Whatever works best for you buddy. Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 4:45am

Hmmm... I'll have to try that out next time I'm out on the field.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:47am

nothing new under the sun I'm afraid.
I've been doing that for 30 odd years.

Was doing it yesterday.

best way to throw stuff for dogs is to first get the dog running so that you know where to throw the ball.
Plus a fake throw gets dream to drop the tennis ball and go after the invisible one so I can pick up the real one.
Mostly phoebe steals it off him and I'm getting her to bring it to me with scooby snacks Smiley
Given that she will steal ANY dogs ball or toy - being able to get her to brig it to me is quite important lol

I also tend to warm up with an empty sling and practice new styles with invisible slings.
My m,ain warmups at the the competitions are with an empty sling.

Hell even a throw with an invisible sling gets the dogs looking.
Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:34am

Grin Cheesy Huh Undecided Cry 

These are the five stages of grief after you find out your amazing discovery isn't new. Been there done that Drakolith. That's one of the difficulties using a weapon that's older than the pyramids.  But it's a good idea. These days I don't do much of that anymore. I just send them downrange and hope for the best.  Wink

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:36am

Yeah. I thought I might not be the first.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 10:38pm

I did some more testing today. And I love this. I so wish I knew this sooner. Why isn't this on the tips to beginners?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15)