Send Topic Print
Political Correctness (Read 7530 times)
Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: Political Correctness
Reply #60 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 2:38pm

When you remove a mandate, it stands to reason that any decrease in coverage will include those that voluntarily choose not to buy. To be fair, about 20 million of those who will lose access are going to be losing Medicaid. Well, that's not exactly a bad thing.

Medicaid patients have worse outcomes than the privately insured.

In fact,

Medicaid doesn't seem to be helping at all.

There's proof.

We can't say that anyone will die as a direct result of wanting and not having medical insurance. We can say that in comparison with private insurance, Medicaid is a woefully mismanaged bureaucracy.

Much like Veterans affairs continues to be three years later.

Let's not keep throwing money at and boosting participation in a failing system? That seems like the better way to prevent needless deaths.

Speaking of failing systems...

Without the EPA, who would turn our rivers yellow?

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #61 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 6:47pm

The spill was an accident and not a matter of policy. I can clearly remember what life was like before the EPA... the days when the smog rolled in from Philadelphia on a regular basis.  The massive fish kills in the Delaware River. The Cuyahoga River actually being so polluted that it caught fire. For you to imply that the EPA is somethimg bad is preposterous. The smog hasn't rolled in since the '70s and now Shad can make it all the way up to their spawinging grounds instead of all dropping dead as they try to pass Philly. Thanks, EPA.
     I can buy that Medicade isn't as well managed as most private insurance companies but with all due respect, to suggest that people on Medicade would be better off with no insurance is also huge  a reach to the point of being riduclous. Before we do away with any system a better one needs to be in place. So far there is nothing like that on the horizon. Only cuts that leave our most vulnerable citizens screwed.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #62 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 6:57pm

I've got the perfect solution. I will run for president in 2020. I have run in the past but with little backing getting enough votes is almost impossible. If I can get slinging.org's support I can't loose. I'll give you an overview of my platform as 2020 approaches. I'm sure you will all agree with most of my ideas and that my policies can appease both the Left and Right and unite the country.
RAT MAN FOR PRESIDENT!!
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2017 at 6:06pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Onager Lovac
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #63 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:34pm

Rat Man wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 6:57pm:
I've got the perfect solution. I will run for president in 2020. I have run in the past but with little backing getting enough votes is almost impossible. If I can get slinging.org's support I can't loose. I'll give you qn overview of my platform as 2020 approaches. I'm sure you will all agree with most of my ideas and that my policies can appease both the Left and Right and unite the country.
RAT MAN FOR PRESIDENT!!

Id absolutely vote for ya dude.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #64 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 6:07pm

Thanks. I've actually got an excellent platform. It's definitely radical... it's based on common sense.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)