Practice Glandes (Read 4274 times)
HeavyHanded
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Upstate, NY
Re: Practice Glandes
Reply #30 - May 10th, 2017 at 8:22am

Drakolith wrote on May 9th, 2017 at 8:16pm:
Wow! How did you come up with that, HeavyHanded?

I don't know, I made these last year...maybe I was staring at one of the tennis balls my dog had cracked in half and something clicked.

For awhile I was trying to find a way to slow them down or bounce less and cut a bunch of slits and holes to see what might work, and gave one a squeeze? I honestly don't remember. Smiley

If anyone makes some of these let me know if your experience mirrors my own with the improved range and oddballs drifting off and away.

My back yard butts up to a sound barrier for the expressway, so I can't afford to have a wildcard drift up and off into four lanes of traffic.

I had one travel on a line over about 25 yrds and it hit the wall much higher than I'd anticipated - that one went nice, looked like it barely lost altitude.

Then watched one make about 10-15 ft of lateral deviation over 30 yards, up and away to the right, deep into the neighbor's yard. I came to not trust them in my limited space and stopped using 'em after a week or so because I could not get them aligned on target.

I've since marked all my tennis balls with a big black dot and I align that facing the back of the pouch. I can see if the cast is staying in a nice orientation or not, and have since become fair bit more consistent in this regard. Might have to make a few more.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Re: Practice Glandes
Reply #31 - May 10th, 2017 at 2:51pm

Well, very cool nonetheless.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)