Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Couch to 5k (Read 835 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Couch to 5k
Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:32pm

Today is officially the beginning of my from Couch to 5k app. I need to get moving more. Anyone else up for it?  Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Couch to 5k
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 4:19am

I don't know if an app would help me but I've definitely become lazy and need to get moving more. My last two Huskies, Kali and Odin, needed to be walked at least twice a day EVERY day, regardless of weather.  My new guys, Pandora and Max, have a fenced in yard that my last two lacked that they're happy to romp in plus they aren't as hardcore about the weather... they sleep in on rainy days. Consequently, Daddy has become more sedentary and fat. Not good.  Not good at all.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 7:26am

The Pine Barrens are calling Ratman.  Smiley

So yesterday I went out and did the first part. It was a sad affair to say the least. My lower leg muscles have become weak and stopped me from finishing the 8 runs. I got about 4 runs and 8 walks. I suppose I will have to work up to finishing day one before I can even progress. Living in the city has killed my desire to go outside and consequently I've become lazy.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:26am

how fast do you intend to be?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:00am

I'm looking more for endurance than raw speed. If I could run 5 miles every day or every other I guess that would be fine for me. Supposedly this app, if followed, helps you get to 5k within 8 weeks. That's a start.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 5:34am

Lmao -theres me thinking you had a new 5k tv to watch from your couch Smiley

Good luck with the running Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 10:47am

Is it too late to choose the tv? This is hard. Lol...  Thanks CA. Wink

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 6:07pm

Can I use my truck?  I'll jog from the couch to my truck, will that count? Grin

Actually, I walk several miles every day, I have started paddling my kayak around the pond.  I'm trying to work back up to paddling expeditions on the Alabama River. Where I start, the river is .8 of a mile wide, (1.2km) I would like to be able to at least paddle across the river and back when I start.  And not have my arms fall off.   Grin   

Right now, I'm up to about 3/4ths of that distance.  And at the end of the session, I just feel like somebody beat me with sticks, so I am improving.   Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man)