Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Funniest thing/things you've ever heard/seen. (Read 2193 times)
Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Funniest thing/things you've ever heard/seen.
Mar 6th, 2017 at 8:32am

I've probably seen funnier but I can't remember. So this is what I have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bAIbvlobWDM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSuYQ0mYUE

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Funniest thing/things you've ever heard/seen.
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 11:07am

I may well be showing off my somewhat unusual sense of humour but I truly believe this is one of the funniest videos on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPaA81Pxqs

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 11:13am

Oh and another classic from Robert Benfer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcOQIAmcveM

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 5:17pm

it doesn't make a good story, you basically had to be there. But the funniest thing I ever saw in the 48 years of my  life was a school mate limping sideways and falling over.
We were on a school trip to the royal show in warwickshire, must be 34 years ago now.

The lad who saw it with me and I, literally could not stand up for laughing and it was probably 15 minutes before we could stand up at all. Throughout the rest of the day we would both spontaneously burst out laughing and fall over again.

No phones, no internet, we barely had television. But john kinson limping sideways and falling over at the royal show - is indelibly engraved on my memory for all time.

The thing is, it's actually impossible to limp sideways, but somehow he managed it. And we couldn't tell anyone what we were laughing at, because every time we tried we just burst into hysterics and fell over.
I have no idea what the teacher thought, probably that we were on drugs.
I can remeber how much my ribs hurt after a few hours, but we just couldn't stop laughing every time we thought of it.
The fact that it effected both of us identically, tells me that It was a genuinely hilarious event and not just a trick of my own imagination. 

Didn't really recover untill the next day and it kept me laughing for a good week at random points of the day.
And every time stephen and I saw each other for the next few weeks, we'd both start laughing again.

The Funniest book I've ever read is terry pratchetts Guards, Guards.
I must have read it at least a dozen times over the years and every time parts of it always make me laugh out loud.

If you only ever read one terry pratchett book in your life, read: Guards, Guards !

If you only ever read one terry pratchett book in your life - that's a lot of wasted life where you could have been reading the others Smiley

But Guards Guards ! is the best of a great bunch.   

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

AlexZaamii
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Canada
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:22am

I'd say the Airplane movies are some of the funniest things I've seen. You barely stop laughing at one joke before the next joke makes you laugh again Grin

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 4:48am

The first time we say Tiny Tim on the old Laugh In comedy show my father and I cried we were laughing so hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEAa4Xr0-w
Here's Tiny again on Johnny Carson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqfqW6RJVHw

One other thing that comes to mind was the time my father greased the pole to the bird feeder to keep the tree rats (squirrels) out.  For fifteen minutes we watched a very brilliant, persistent squirrel attempt to foil Dad's defense, failing comically every time.  The final time he jumped from a tree branch to the top of the pole, slid down head first into the dirt, then threw a very human-like minute long temper tantrum, complete with many squirrel curses. 

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:37am

That squirrel story is hilarious! Shame no one recorded it. Possible viral video.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 2:10pm

Sadly the squirrel story happened many years before the advent of cell phones.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 7:55pm

I can't give you a funniest thing ever. But some funny things that I thought were really sort of over and above the usual would be:

Alot of Dave Chapelles stuff. Killing them Softly had some parts that were just hilarious. His timing and delivery are among the best I've ever seen. The guy is just a very funny person.

The movie The Other Guys. Now granted part of what got me was I usually don't care for Will Ferrell so the fact that this movie was so good really made it stick with me.

Lastly, I wouldn't call this up there with the other two but it always makes me laugh.

Thug Life Animal Compilation- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uFX0JdLQ2M4

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #9 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 7:06pm

Here’s my personal collection. https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSOLqYXpgj1-ybbK9EVgQ25Vf_uXTkwGg Great to watch if your bored or need a pick me up.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:53pm

Quote:
Funniest thing/things you've ever heard/seen.

once i went to sling a rock at a target and missed....

haha did u read that?...RS made a funny joke. (that is for prodding me about a video  Grin)

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 3:54pm

The funniest man I ever saw live is hands down Blaster Bates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Bates

I come from the era where comedians recorded records. Vinyl, when vinyl wasn't fashionable - it was just what we had Smiley

His records always reduced me and my dad to that stage of laughter where everything hurts, you can barely breathe, but you just can't stop laughing.

We got a chance to see him at the Castle Gresley miners welfare club - back when we still had miners in south derbyshire and the club hadn't been knocked down and turned into a mini housing estate.

He was every bit as funny live as on record.
It was a Good night.
I was probably 16-17

Where the hell have the decades inbetween then and now gone ?

Probably the funniest story I've ever heard is:  "The Shower of poopy Over Cheshire"

Coined the memorable phrase: 'you cannot run at 30 miles an hour across a ploughed field in clogs.'
It's become a Johnson family saying Smiley

Somewhere on the interweb there is newsreel footage of blaster and his rocket powered attempt.
Buggered If i can find it tonight. Sad
But it did happen Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 3:36pm

I can see how those could be funny CA, but I’m a bit left in the dark as I don’t get the British references. If that makes any sense.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris)