Send Topic Print
Survival Round-Robin (Read 3985 times)
Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: Survival Round-Robin
Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:44pm

The Companion is basically identical to the Clipper, but with an updated grip texture. My hunting/woodsbumming knife is a Companion Black because I'm a sucker for a black colored blade.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #31 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:10pm

Drakolith;
    Try putting a small tail on your spears.  Because tails create drag that lessens your range you want to experiment to find the smallest tail that will keep your spear straight. A properly made tail will greatly increase your accuracy. You can fashion a very respectable looking tail out of duct tape.  I've done this myself. A bigger spear that you don't throw could be a good idea depending on the situation.  If I was in an area where I thought I might be attacked by an animal or human that would be the first survival item I would make. It puts distance between you and your attacker... essential for survival.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #32 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:40pm

Ah, that makes sense.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #33 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:53pm

Masiakasaurus wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:44pm:
The Companion is basically identical to the Clipper, but with an updated grip texture. My hunting/woodsbumming knife is a Companion Black because I'm a sucker for a black colored blade.

Me too Masi. Me too. Which unfortunately led me to my biggest knife mistake ever.  Cry  The Zero Tolerance Hinderer.  Should've just bought 15 more moras.   Wink

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #34 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:15pm

I love Hinderer! My EDC is a ZT0560 by Hinderer.

Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #35 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:30am

I've heard some people got a bad batch. Possibly the heat treating. But mine will not hold an edge. I've heard the same from others. It's a shame. Otherwise a real pretty knife.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #36 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:04pm

Here's the best survival trick if you ever get totally and hopelessly lost.

Find either a gopher or badger hole and then use your hat to start pouring water down it to flush the gopher or badger out.

Within five minutes, some crusty old woods bum is going to show up and ask you what in the world you think you're doing.

Then ask him for directions and he will point out that there's a road right over there.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #37 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:10am

Morphy wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:30am:
I've heard some people got a bad batch. Possibly the heat treating. But mine will not hold an edge. I've heard the same from others. It's a shame. Otherwise a real pretty knife.

Mine is so tough that it's almost too hard to sharpen, but I can't remember the last time I had to.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)