Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello From New Zealand (South Island) (Read 1263 times)
Spaghetti Weston
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Hello From New Zealand (South Island)
Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:37am

Writing to you from Dunedin, NZ this cool and rainy summer evening. After making and using my first two slings, I'm a teensy bit obsessed. So, naturally, I made my way back to this site in a more personal fashion to discuss slings and slinging with people who are also a teensy bit obsessed. Glad to be here. 

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Hello From New Zealand (South Island)
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 3:58am

Welcome! I think you're in good company with your obsession Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 12:34pm

Hello and welcome to the site.  I'm from Alabama, that's in the southeastern part of the US.  If you can and feel like it, please post pictures of your slinging adventures.  This is an international site and almost everyone likes to see the different parts of the world where all the different slingers live.

IP Logged

Spaghetti Weston
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 6:28pm

I should clarify that I'm from Chicago, Illinois but moved to a little port town near Dunedin 10 years ago and married a Kiwi fella. I love it here.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 7:53pm

Lord of the rings nerd here. Can't blame ya, sure is a gorgeous place. Anyone who can just pick up and move across the world has my utmost respect.

So you have some slings made, but how's the ammo situation over there? Do you guys have a lot of natural river stones?

IP Logged

SlingerDave

Stop!!! Let me hide behind
this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 8:31am

Obsession! What obsession? Isn't it normal for a GUY to know the arts of braiding better than most girls and to have a stash of sisal, jute, hemp, wool, cotton, paracord, leather, mason's twine, tarred bankline, and who knows what else in the closet?

Welcome to sanity, everyone else is weird.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark)