Hello from oregon! (Read 4218 times)
Bueron
Tiro

Upset that Runescape removed
the sling!

Re: Hello from oregon!
Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 7:02pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 22nd, 2016 at 7:16am:
weird, the first sling I ever made used leather shoelaces, damn things snapped mid throw.
Not used leather cords since (30 years) Smiley

That said I do wear out release cords on a regular basis anyway. But that's just down to whiplash at the end of the cord below the knots.

yeah, I just replaced the leather cords with Military grade (so it says) seven strand Paracord (550). works great, keeping them about two foot plus (in the area, I don't like overtly long slings due to a lack of convenience, you screw up if you hit something!). got the paracord from sportsman warehouse, and it works like a dream! i hope that this will last me years to come!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #16 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 11:33am

well it depends how hard you throw - like i said paracord release cords last me about an hour of solid slinging.

A good leather pouch will last you a lifetime, but expect to replace the cords occasionally.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Bueron
Tiro

Upset that Runescape removed
the sling!

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2016 at 10:45pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 28th, 2016 at 11:33am:
well it depends how hard you throw - like i said paracord release cords last me about an hour of solid slinging.

A good leather pouch will last you a lifetime, but expect to replace the cords occasionally. 

AN HOUR?! what you do? lol, you must have some intense throws.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)