Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey guys (Read 1862 times)
Stringfellow
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Hey guys
Nov 12th, 2016 at 1:26pm

Hi there. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 40 year old welder that enjoys finding new things to do outside. I am not a great slinger but I practice a every chance I get and I can hit a tree with a tennis ball. Well 75% of the time anyway. I throw underhand since I seem to have more success that way. I have the Readyman sling and so far it seems pretty great. Just to throw in a few more details for the heck of it, I like to camp, keep chickens and I am also a snake enthusiast. I just have one albino ball python. Alright then, if you all have any questions let me know. I'm sure I will a few along the way.  Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Hey guys
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 2:12pm

Welcome!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 6:21pm

Welcome.  I breed ball pythons.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 7:31pm

Welcome.  Most of probably aren't what you would classify as great slingers but we generally have some fun with them.

I, personally, like going to the river and throwing rocks way out there and watching them splash.   Grin

IP Logged

Stringfellow
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 8:32pm

Thanks for the welcoming replies.

@Vet, I've never bred any myself. I am trying to get a young male albino from a friend of mine that does breed them. It would be nice to sell a few to help support my hobby so I can get my hands on some of the other morphs that are available nowadays.

@Bill Skinner There is a pond nearby that is back through the woods where I could probably do the same. Thanks for the idea.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2016 at 3:37am

I do love albino, my buddy has one, and then we have 3 het albinos. Next year we will be working on breeding our PIEDS. those are my favorites.

IP Logged

Stringfellow
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2016 at 4:10am

I love the pieds too. I'm glad to see the price on those have dropped over the years. I like to see the pieds get thrown into other morphs. Those banana piebalds are so cool.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2016 at 5:53am

I totally agree.  I remembered seeing the PIEDS going for $1000+.  Now the average is $450. I got mine at $220 from the local petsmart,  they were having issues with it. I bought it home. No issues ever since. I think this year we are gonna try albino pied, but I am not sure yet.  Unfortunately with breeding them, the market is so saturated expecially in my area of NJ.

IP Logged

Stringfellow
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2016 at 7:08am

I know what you mean. They are popular here in South Carolina as well. Sounds like you know what you're doing and can put pen to paper and sort out if it's practical or not to have a go at it.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2016 at 11:11am

I have done alot of research,  plus I spend way too much time in pet stores and sites. I been working in animal care for almost 10 years.  Breeding pythons is reletively new, goimg into my 4th year.

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 8:15pm

welcome

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)