Send Topic Print
Alligator (Read 2338 times)
Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Alligator
Oct 26th, 2016 at 7:53am

I am sorry for my long disappearance but I have returned with some unique stock to trade. Alligator skin, cowhide, and I also have a handful of braided and woven split pouch slings of my own design. Any body who knows my work, your testimonies are appreciated, thank you in advance. I am really interested in a net sling a and Egyptian sling so I can study them . I make all my slings 21 to 23 inches. I even have a couple braided/woven made just for tennis balls so if you have a dog that loves fetch? Maybe? I hope I get a few nibbles. Please ask to see which of the pics you want to see. Viva la sling.

Loki  
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Alligator
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 11:39pm

I' ve made several square netted slings. Split and solid ( how could a netted pouch be solid) ? Most of my pics are ng. This one is ok

Netted_pouch_1.jpg (60 KB | 183 )
Netted_pouch_1.jpg

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 7:40am

pictures are always welcome Loki Smiley

Might help to post them so people can see what you've got Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 2:36pm

Sorry about my lapse in memory, here are pic of the sling pockets and the tennis ball sling. And also a pic of a sling of my own design. It is made of plastic shopping bags and it has a built-in slip knot for a retention loop.

Loki  
IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:01pm

nice sling do the shopping baggs really work i have heard of people useing them for slings i just never thought of it as a practical or strong thing to use

IP Logged

Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 11:21pm

Those are kinda hard to kill, I guess I plaited and woven too tight. My hands were hurting as bad when I crocheted a full size soldier bag out of the plastic bags.

Loki  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark)