Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling bag (Read 5143 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Sling bag
Oct 18th, 2016 at 8:26am

So I've been trying to find for a while a good bag to use to carry around ammo and managed to find these Hungarian gas mask bags from this army surplus website I've used a lot.

https://www.supernova.fi/product/4242/unkarin-armeijan-puuvillainen-kaasunaamari...

It is all in Finnish I'm afraid but basically they are pretty much perfect for slinging. They are also selling them in pairs so I now have one surplus to requirements Cheesy I haven't tested out them out extensively as they only arrived today but they seem to be hard wearing enough and have both a shoulder and waist strap so the weight of the stones inside them is well distributed. I managed to fit around 7 or so fist sized stones and though I could feel the weight it didn't feel cumbersome.

So would anyone be interested in my spare one? Does anyone have a sling perhaps they wouldn't mind parting with? Cheesy

The measurements are 32cm x 17cm x 12cm.

I can post additional pictures of the exact bag if it's required.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Sling bag
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 7:10am

how well does the top stay open by itself ?

I've found the most important aspect of an ammo bag is a top that stays open so you don't have to fumbl to get the next missile out.

That said I could easily print a flexible insert that kept it open.

How many tennis balls do you reckon it would hold ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 12:52pm

It's quite easy to fold it over to keep it open. I've had some more time to test it out and it works great. If you tie the side strap right it puts a lot of the weight on your hips so really easy to carry and does swing around much at all. I don't have any tennis balls around so I can't say 100% precisely but I would hazard a guess at... 10? A fair few I think.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 12:32pm

Finally got around to getting some pictures up on here.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 5:53am

go on then - what sort of sling would you like ?
I can do you a riveted leather cap paul or a limited edition (given that I'm the only person in the world making these - they are very limited lol)  3d printed ultra modern sling Smiley

The only other slings I make regularly are standard leather - many colours to choose from - butterfly pouch with 3d printed sliding finger loop (it's just quicker and easier).

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 7:35am

Spoilt for choice! I might have to just say "surprise me" Cheesy Any would be greatly appreciated and should get some good use Cheesy

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 9:33pm

Nice ammo bag!

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 8:05am

Is the bag taken yet? Did I misunderstand? If it is still there I want it I will send 2 Loki slings, split pouch, even one for tennis ball if you want.

Loki  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 10:50am

lol too late dude Smiley
The deal is done Smiley

Just popping slings into envelope as I type.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #9 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 12:39pm

If anyone is still interested in getting a bag I could always get more and then send them on but with them coming in pairs I need two people or one person that will take two. I'm up to trade them for some more slings Cheesy

IP Logged

BalearicMateo
Novicius

Hey lets get slingin

Orange County,California
Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 7:16pm

I have used a bag called a dump pouch/bag. They stay open and have a elastic draw string.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:11am

Looks good. What sort of size is it? And does it attach to your leg?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:49am

Thought I should say that these bags are now on sale on the website I got them from originally so I could get hold of them and then pass them on if anyone is interested. I was using mine just today and they are great for slinging.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)