johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Re: Targets
Reply #15 - Nov 13th, 2016 at 11:39am

Bill Skinner wrote on Nov 13th, 2016 at 11:35am:
One of the best back stops is a large piece of old carpet hung over a rope.

i agree. but not only carpet, any cloth or net (small enough to hold the projectile)
i found out when i used slingshot indoors.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 11:35am

I have never used a net but I did use a tarp, briefly.  With a sling about 1/2-2/3 meter, I was able to punch marbles through both side with a good throw.

I had only been throwing about three or four months or so when I did that.

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 1:37pm

*nets like those used for paintball fields or similar....
i dont know what the tarp was made off but there are all kind of things in the market :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez984TPczOU
a simple cotton sheet is enough to stop most bbs thrown with slingshot

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #18 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:44pm

Thought I'd bring back this post to show off my new target that my friend made for me. He's been living and working at my girlfriend's family's summer cottage for the whole summer (not jealous... not at all...) and he put this together for me Cheesy I forgot to post about it earlier but yeah even though I was crap (see the post I made about being terrible with slinging stones now) I did manage to hit the tea pot a few times Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #19 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 2:25pm

I like it!  So can you hang different targets in there to sling at?

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #20 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 3:06pm

Yeah there are different hooks. The log on the ground has a bent nail and some string so that can be hung up too. The metal plate was used for closing the chimney of a stove but was dumped under the sauna building for who knows how many years. Makes for a good target too but needs a method for hanging. There's plans to attach a bed sheet to the back to act as a catch box.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:26pm

Nice! You’ll be well prepared when all the cast iron cookware becomes self-aware and joins in an uprising against humanity!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 12:47am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
Nice! You’ll be well prepared when all the cast iron cookware becomes self-aware and joins in an uprising against humanity!

Exactly! I have been thinking if trading the giant pan I have as a target to hang that up but it's so big...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker)