Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My other primitive weapons (Read 1329 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
My other primitive weapons
Oct 15th, 2016 at 8:04am

I've made a few other weapons in addition to the many slings and I'd thought I'd show off my efforts here.
I made a bolas from paracord and some large hex nuts and it works really well when my aim is true.
I made another bolas with braided string and large washers which was more an experiment to see how well it would work more than anything and it does seem to work pretty well but is more prone to tangling than the paracord version.
I've had a go at making an atlatl using a peice of wood with a large burl on one end to act as a weight and it works alright. The only problem is finding good wood to make the darts.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2016 at 11:42am by Kick »  

83__Small_.jpg (125 KB | 112 )
83__Small_.jpg

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: My other primitive weapons
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 8:04am

The washer and braided string bolas.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2016 at 11:43am by Kick »  

120__Small_.jpg (128 KB | 68 )
120__Small_.jpg

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 8:05am

And the atlatl

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 9:21pm

those are nice you atl atl is better than mine haha i made mine real quick though it all looks good

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 9:14am

Well it looks good but it would be nice if it was a bit longer and I might need to use some harder material for the... spur? I'm not sure of the name but just having it as wood, it's a little weak and gets mashed up quite quickly.

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 3:53pm

They are fine! Atlatl must look primitive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)