Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Muhahahah I am now an Alchemist ! (Read 1781 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Muhahahah I am now an Alchemist !
Sep 21st, 2016 at 7:20am

Lead to gold ? huh, child's play.

I've just turned plastic to copper !

This is genuine old school alchemy.

So what's going on here is I've been thinking about electroplating 3d prints for a while.
The game season is coming up and a friend just bought one of these: http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-FIN100

And i said, I can make those for a lot less money. lol
The problem is that while the plastic ones are 'probably' strong enough, you can still break them fairly easily.
So I started looking into electroplating - turns out one of the uk's best suppliers of kit happens to be based about a mile up the road from me.
Gateros electroplating - though he calls it electroforming.
Phoned them up and popped over for a chat on monday.
Dan is a great bloke, had  a great chat, learnt a helluva lot and bought a kit for not much money.

Result, I can now alchemically cover plastic with a very strong metal. Hot diggity !
Now I just need some sigil covered robes and a skullcap !

Pick below shows a plastic finisher clone and the new and improved copper version. And that is super strong, can't break it with my hands.

Actually i can plate pretty much anything, still trying to think of a sling based usage for it.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2016 at 10:43am by Curious Aardvark »  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Duncsquatch
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Muhahahah I am now an Alchemist !
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:51pm

Copper plated lead ball might last forever, call it an fmj gland

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris)