Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Here is my jig for weaving pouches (Read 2276 times)
Wingshooter
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

North Las Vegas,NV
Here is my jig for weaving pouches
Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:12pm

With this jig I can make any style pouch I want. It is 6 inch long and 2 1/2 wide. The tine space is 1/16 wide so I can use a fairly heavy cord. I can pick and choose the tines I want to use for the different styles.I mounted it on a bearing so I can spin it to position it. When I am done I will braid from the pouch out so I don't have any ties at the pouch. I used the metal combs they sell for pets. The combs have a fine side and a course side. I am going to make another one with the fine teeth for fine thread.

IMG_1940.jpg (97 KB | 160 )
IMG_1940.jpg
IP Logged

Wingshooter
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

North Las Vegas,NV
Re: Here is my jig for weaving pouches
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:14pm

Here is how I mount it I drilled a hole in my work table for the 1/4 inch shaft.

IMG_1939.jpg (71 KB | 129 )
IMG_1939.jpg
IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:44am

Nice piece of work there man!

IP Logged

Timothy Potter

Idaho
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:43pm

Very nice!

I like the options for controlling the shape of the pouch it give you. Did you use the kind of pet comb that the tines can spin on, and if so, does that help when tightening the warp?

-Timothy Potter

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17
IP Logged

Wingshooter
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

North Las Vegas,NV
Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:53pm

I just used the plain straight combs and cut them to the size I wanted. They are strong so I can tighten the line (warp) in the shape before I start the weave. I am working on a split pouch sling today. I will take a picture in the morning to show the lay out.

IP Logged

Wingshooter
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

North Las Vegas,NV
Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:29pm

Here is the split pouch. On this one I will braid from the pouch out so there is no tie at the pouch. You may notice the last few inches of weave are thicker line. I ran out of line and picked up a new spool. When I got home I saw it was 130 pound line instead of 80. Oh well the next few are going to be even stronger. Grin

IMG_1941.jpg (81 KB | 137 )
IMG_1941.jpg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, vetryan15, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris)