Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sticking my head up from the Rabbit Hole (Read 2953 times)
winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Sticking my head up from the Rabbit Hole
Jul 29th, 2016 at 9:12pm

Winkleried here, This seemed to be the best place to post this. I was a fairy active participant (Read: God Member, using the old ranking structure) in this Forum before real life got ahold of me and wouldn't let go. Sadly I can't remember the last time I Launched a rock with a sling or when I even did amateur historical research about the sling (which was my real interest) .Sad Will try to swing by on a slightly more frequent basis.......... I know some of my old buddies are here, (Tint, Badger, Ardvark, Morningstar, to name those whose screennames I remember ), Also know a more than a few who have dropped off the face of the earth all together.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Sticking my head up from the Rabbit Hole
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 9:47am

Welcome back. 

What'cha been doing?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 9:57am

hey dude - how's tricks Smiley
see you pop up every now and then on davids face book page. Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 10:47pm

What I have been doing lately is trying to find employment in the EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Field here in Central Oklahoma. I was working for a international consulting company until they ordered me to commit fraud at a clients site. I was let go a couple of weeks  after I balked at their orders. So right now I have a part time gig delivering Auto Parts to customers.

TO Ardvark:

Yeah we keep in touch on the other site, Just trying currently to keep my head above water right now. Hopefully things start stabilizing here so I can get back into doing things that I used to enjoy.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 6:08am

Hi, winkerlied. I remember you. Good to see you back.

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:01am

hi there, buddy
I also recently started slinging again.

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:24am

Glad to hear it Tint !

I just need to find the motivation to try and start doing it again!

WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 9:44pm

I've been waiting for the weather here in SE Virginia to quit being hellish and just downgrade to "excessively uncomfortable" so I can get out and test the new paracord braided sling I made weeks ago. I meant to do it while on vacation this past week, but see above for the environmental conditions, you know?

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #8 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 1:08am

further update,

Couple of years ago I landed a "Dream Job" in my field. I was working as a Federal contractor at a big R&D facility near my house. I had a series of online conversations today with some folks that had me realising just how freaking much I have forgotten since I was an active member of this forum. I guess it is time to start going through the old notebooks and start reeducating myself while we go through this down time due to the nature of my work.

WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 11:08am

Or you can just pick up a string and make a sling and go chuck some rocks.   Grin

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 1:31pm

Bill Skinner wrote on Jan 1st, 2019 at 11:08am:
Or you can just pick up a string and make a sling and go chuck some rocks.   Grin

Yeah, I need to do that as well too.......

WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #11 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 10:48am

Howdy Winkleried. Welcome back!
You’ve gotta watch out for those dream jobs. I’ve spent the last 15 years playing with robots for a living and I would gladly give it all up to work with my wife selling children’s clothing on e-commerce platforms if her business grew a little bigger. I love the robotics work and the pay is good, but I’ve found that being willing to give up an awesome job actually gives you a lot more options even if you don’t quit. When you know there’s a fallback, you’re less likely to say “yes” to parts of the job that would otherwise make you miserable.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris)