Odd injury... (Read 3507 times)
johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Re: Odd injury...
Reply #15 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm

since we are talking about injuries here i ll post it here.

raise your shoulder and touch your ear to it so you can hear sounds inside your shoulder.
then do external /internal rotations of your shoulder.

what do you hear?

i hear pops and cracks some are different and others are heard at the same point.there's no pain or stiffness

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #16 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 8:52pm

Not a good sign bro. You seem very self aware and proactive about making your body work for you so I have faith in you improving.
Only one body per lifetime though

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #17 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 12:29pm

i have yet to stretch before or after slinging and i've been slinging for over 2 years. So in my opinion you don't need to. Typically when i pull a muscle in my shoulder/arm its from lack of strength. (or a really really badly exicuted shot) So when slinging focus on accuracy and not power for the first few weeks then once your body is ready for it start going for more powerful shots, but don't whatever you do put all of your force into a shot it tends to give you really bad results in accuracy and your arm can be seriously screwed up, if your body isn't properly conditioned for slinging. My body is used to slinging so what i typically do in order to "warm up" is fire a normal power shot then swing my arm in large circles then i can sling normally, without any injuries. I'm no expert on stretching or warm up routines but that is my opinion on the subject. Good luck. Smiley

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Cyrus
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #18 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 2:15pm

Ah - that got the link working. Thanks, Parmenion.

More recently, I've done a few "empty pouch" tosses and rotated my arms (esp. my throwing arm) as I make my way down to the beach proper. No new injuries so far, but it's been a busy week and I haven't made it down to sling as often as I would like.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Morphy)