Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Opposite arm slinging (Read 1051 times)
Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Opposite arm slinging
Jun 8th, 2016 at 12:14am

Hey guys, so I've been messing around with slinging with my non-dominate hand (lefty for me) and I was wondering if you guys had any opinions/helpful suggestions about it. Thoughts? It's definitely an interesting thing to try Smiley

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Vlad
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Opposite arm slinging
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 4:57am

When I tried the last time to use my left hand for slinging, I had to appologize in my thoughts to all those who I thaught how to sling and thought they were clumsy. I exactly knew what to do, but was unable to execute the move properly...

I gues it would take quite some time to learn, not sure if not even longer than with the right hand, because I couldn't use the ability to trhow, as throwing with my left hand sucks as well.

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 8:01am

do drills and mental work(visualising) as often as you can and just before you throw. dont go for power cause you will be surely dissappointed and/or injured. go for form, smoothness and accuracy.

try to do some other things with the opposite hand , like washing your teeth, eating and if you are so awesome writing.

when i tried with the left last time i late released, didnt scap load, also couldnt use the right hand to gain Angular momentum at my torso. but the legs got used to it pretty fast

keep us informed of your progress

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 7:29am

I got pretty decent at it
Since your left arm has no previous muscle memory it is easy to train. It takes time but since you already know how tocsling you can apply the mental tricks you've learned. The biggest help for me was focusing on whole body mechanics.
The theory I employed was, if I start the movement with my lower half and keep the kinetic chain going proper then it would make my hand follow the same proper path. Make sense?
I had posted about it maybe a year ago? It was a good thread, you should look it up!
Btw you will never be as powerful as on your dominant side(at least in my experience) but I had consistent whip cracking and could hit stuff!

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 7:55am

today threw with left.
5 close hits out of 120 throws
the distance was 20m
the target was 10cm diameter circle
close hits i mean a shot that landed within 20cm from the targets center .
all of the throws where within 6m diam, most of them within 4m diam.
last time i used the left to throw was November. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris)