Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slinging.org on Instagram? (Read 3337 times)
Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging.org on Instagram?
Nov 15th, 2015 at 5:59pm

I'm considering joining Instagram myself and thought this site could have more followers thru it.
I betcha it would take off

IP Logged

SlingerDave

Stop!!! Let me hide behind
this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Re: Slinging.org on Instagram?
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Following up on this...  I'm a new to Instagram myself and today I was searching slings and slinging and was hopelessly engulfed in babyslings and whatnot; so I decide on a different tactic. With a search on #balearicsling who would I find but Tomas.
Instagram would be a great outlet to get people invovled with our hobby. I propose those of us on Instgram band together and use some sort of official hashtag or whatever to have a focused area where people can find actual slings and slinging pictures and of course a prompt to visit slinging.org. Maybe even a official slinging.org account Roll Eyes .
I think this would have real potenial. What do you guys think?

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 8:30am

So many different sites you can network through these days. I have to confess I've never even looked into instagram, snapchat, twitter, or any of the other things I hear mentioned. How does it differ than something like Google images? Is it just that you can talk about the images with others?

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 9:37am

Morphs you would enjoy instagram. It's full of wicked tactile artists and inspiration. Also lots of funny memes hahaha
I also follow a few people who do knotwork and it is phenomenal what they do.
I have two accounts. #cobblestone_leathers and #tomas_iwanyckyj. Business and personal

IP Logged

SlingerDave

this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 10:20am

I have no idea as to the operations of sites like Snapchat or twitter, but Instagram is best described as a photograghy site where you can like and/or follow/subscribe those who post pictures which correspond with your interests, hobbies, or you just like what they post. By combining hashtags that people follow we can introduce people to slinging who would never have thought to try it.

You know your a slinger when your youth pastor's nickname for you is Five Smooth.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 12:52pm

Interesting. More the merrier. Might have to look into it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 7:47am

well if someone wants to do it - you have my blessing.
I don't have the time or inclination for social media. Got to have a facebook account, as it's the only way to get hold of certain people whistle  and the best way to stay in contact with slinging.orgs international contingent.
But the rest, nah don't really see the point.
But then I don't have  a smart phone so my life isn't spent staring at a small hand held screen.

But, yeah, on principle if someone wants to do it as a slinging.org account - let me know if you need me to do anything and go for it Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 9:49am

No smart phone? Wow. Aren't you a tech guy CA?

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:12pm

True geeks use keyboards   Tongue

I am also sans-smartphone and instagram,snapchat and the rest...I don't feel the appeal. Got sibs who do, but for me? No. Facebook I check less and less because the insanity has gotten out of hand. Especially this last election brought the worst out in all my facebook "friends". It's rare that logging in gives me anything other than high blood pressure. So I don't. I have better things to do.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:17pm

I never had any social media other than this forum before I registered my leather business but it's a great promotional tool

IP Logged

SlingerDave

this tree first.

San Antonio, Tx
Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 1:34pm

Sounds like CA knows something we don't about smartphones. Wink

I have always thought of facebook as a soapbox/ post what you ate for lunch sorta thing honestly, so I don't think I'll be registering there anytime soon. Of course, like everything there are exceptions like Mauro's page (which is awesome  Cool), but those are generally few and far between.

If you guys are willing, I might run a page, maybe have a picture of the week contest or something. Smiley

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:02am

My iphone is my primary computer at this point. And RM can attest to my hashtag addiction on Instagram.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 9:10am

Same here minus the hashtag addiction.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:13pm

Morphy wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 9:49am:
No smart phone? Wow. Aren't you a tech guy CA?

Yep, funnily enough dave morningstar always says that.
I'll recommend, fix, and set one up for you - but i don't have any desire to carry one myself

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 6:05pm

So who else is on instagram and what's your name on it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)