Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greetings from the Great White North (almost) (Read 894 times)
Ghosthawk
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Greetings from the Great White North (almost)
Sep 4th, 2015 at 8:22am

First off thanks for the great job you all are doing here. Coming into slinging.org for the first time you are greeted with a wealth of information. Well done, all of you!

For you have inspired me to build my second sling.
You in short order warned of the dangers inherent with this hobby. And then provided the answer in the form of rolled up socks!  Attaboy! You guys Rock! (Play on words deliberate)

But now I bet you all want to know about me.

Born oct 3 1952 in a small town in northwest Minnesota called Ada. Moved in 5 years to an even smaller village 8 miles south called "Borup".

I am retired, a jack of all trades, master of procrastination.

My interests are wide, and widely varied. Blame my presence on huntsman. I am a member over at the slingshot forums. http://www.theslingshotforum.com/
I guess the easiest way to put what I do is "tinker"

I tinker around with slingshots, blowguns, crossbows, etc.
Long time computer user going back to 1995 when I built my first system. I read and was a early ebook convert.
I am married, 19 years, 1 stepdaughter, 2 grandchildren. 2 cats and a dog.

The "Great White North, (almost) is a reference to living in Fargo North Dakota.  The one advantage we still have up here is lots of open space. Useful in this hobby I think.

I also shoot rifle, shotgun, pistol. I won't list them here. I reload almost all my own ammo, and cast my own bullets. I have been casting lead for a LONG time now. I think lead slingshot ammo is going to be hard on my lead supply. For years I have cast my own sinkers for fishing.

Starting to get the picture? I am actually looking forward to this. I have a tendency to burn out on hobby's that are easily mastered. I think I could be doing this as long as I can swing an arm.

Looking forward to getting to know yu all, making a few new friends.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Greetings from the Great White North (almost)
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 10:06am

Welcome from NJ.
Ryan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)