Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My first serious attempt at a throwing knife (Read 5775 times)
Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Re: My first serious attempt at a throwing knife
Reply #15 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 7:11am

Everyone asks this.  No, I profiled it to be a straight throwing, non-returner.  It is pretty dense, being made of the same material as all the other throwing things seen here.  I would probably have to thin the bejeezus out of it to get it to match it's weight to any lift that it is making to even see a curved flight path.  Thin enough for any sustained or returning flight and I would begin to question any robustness it may have when sinking into the end of a piece of cottonwood.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:01am

You mean...Road Warrior, the first one, got it wrong? Shocked

You have totally crushed one of my favorite scenes.  Thanks a lot. Cry

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #17 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:48pm

I am not saying it couldn't be done. Because metal wings provide massive amounts of lift every single day. I am just saying that a returning metal boomerang probably won't be any steel alloy and would therefore be either easily destroyed by any collision or made of some very expensive exotic....or be thrown by a super human.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #18 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:45am

Sling it lol

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #19 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:31pm

I have been toying with the idea of a slingable shape.  I know Timpa did the shuriken thing, and I too tried it with success.  I was thinking of some sort of bola with disc shaped weights.

Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #20 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:09pm

if you attached two golf balls together with paracord, then made a "sling' by putting a loop on one end of some paracord and on the other end tie a knot, then take the center of the golf ball string and put it around the center of you "sling" and when you let go it should fly sorta like a normal bola but more power because your extending your arm.

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)