Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello, I am student of archaeology and I do research in sling topic. (Read 1159 times)
student_researcher
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Hello, I am student of archaeology and I do research in sling topic.
May 3rd, 2015 at 1:25pm

Hello, I am bachelor-degree student of Prehistoric Archaeology of the Near East at Masaryk University in Brno, in the Czech Republic. I am Slovak but I study in the Czech Republic. My bachelor thesis was about sling missiles in Near-eastern context. Now I continue my research about sling and projectiles for my master thesis. Recently I was in Mallorca, observing second international slinging competition and it was fun and I met amazing people who love slinging.

I would like to ask you for help. Smiley
For my master thesis I need you (dear slingers) to fill this questionnaire the link is here = http://goo.gl/forms/pkG4Ybi70V.
I think questions will be interesting for you. Please share this that I have as many answers as possible.
Sling is the best!

Desktop.jpg (2630 KB | 113 )
Desktop.jpg

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Hello, I am student of archaeology and I do research in sling topic.
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2015 at 5:34pm

Hello. 

I think I filled out a survey for you earlier but I measured a different sling for that one, hopefully, it won't mess up your data.

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2015 at 11:50pm

done.

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2015 at 9:58am

Happy to help out.

You might want to throw out one of the 200 grams and more answers for statistical purposes though. I really have no idea the mass of the average missile I throw. I chose the maximum option so you could clean the data more easily.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)