Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Load more pictures from the 2nd international slinging event. (Read 2057 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Load more pictures from the 2nd international slinging event.
Apr 13th, 2015 at 7:40am

slideshow

The accompanying spanish Smiley
Quote:
Desde la Federacio Balear de Tir de Fona queremos agradecer públicamente a todos los que han colaborado y ayudado en la organización de la “II Tirada Internacional”, la cual duro tres días con un intenso programa de actividades que tuvo lugar recientemente en la isla Mallorca, con motivo del dia de nuestra comunidad; Govern de les Illes Balears, Consell de Mallorca, ajuntament de Artá, Ajuntament de Felanitx, Ajuntament de Sa Pobla, al Instituto Municipal de Esports de Palma, Hotel Amic Horizonte, Galeon Suites, El Corte Ingles, Castell de Bellver, Castell de San Carles, Autocares Canovas, Fundacion Balearia, Asociacion Es Grif de Sa Pobla, la cantante Isabel Pineda, Xeremies Xisco y Toni, el Catedratico en Historia Antigua D. Adolfo Dominguez, a los directivos y a todos los clubes, en especial a Juan Cuesta, Guiem Pons, Tomeu Barcelo y Salvador Maimo, Club Foners Felanitx, Club Foners Sa Pobla, a la traductora Heidi y al fotógrafo oficial Joan Oliver, asi como a todas las personas que nos visitaron de 12 paises y de distintas ciudades españolas.    

A todos muchísimas gracias por habernos hecho disfrutar y por apoyar nuestro querido deporte tradicional del tiro con honda, gracias y hasta la próxima !!

Pep Ribas Ribas

Federacio Balear de Tir de Fona

What google translate says:
Quote:
From the Balearic Federacio of Tir Fona want to publicly thank all those who have contributed and helped in organizing the "II International Circulation", which lasted three days with an intense program of activities that took place recently in the island Mallorca, to mark the day of our community; Govern de les Illes Balears, Consell de Mallorca, ajuntament of Arta, Felanitx City Council, City Council of Sa Pobla at Amic Horizonte Municipal Institute Esports de Palma, Hotel, Galeon Suites, El Corte English, Bellver Castle, Castell de Sant Carles , Coaches Canovas, Balearia Foundation, Association of Sa Pobla is Grif, singer Isabel Pineda, Xeremies Xisco and Toni, the Catedratico in Ancient History Adolfo Dominguez, managers and all clubs, especially Juan Cuesta, Guiem Pons Tomeu Barcelo and Salvador Maimo, Club Foners Felanitx, Sa Pobla Foners Club, the Heidi translator and the official photographer Joan Oliver, as well as to everyone who visited 12 countries and in different Spanish cities.

To all thank you for making us enjoy and support our beloved traditional sport of shooting with deep thanks and see you soon !!

Pep Ribas Ribas

Federacio Balear de Tir Fona

And a picture of us all at the statue in Felanitx
I'm second in from the left next to Jaegoor and david's at the back with the hat Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:39am by Curious Aardvark »  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Balearic Funditor
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Balearic Islands.
Re: Load more pictures from the 2nd international slinging event.
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 2:59pm

Great!! Here another "family photo" of all slingers who participate in the International Slinging Event. I'm the black t-shirt guy with a sling just behing the balearic flag Smiley

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 3:25pm

That's a wonderful time together with slinging!
Maybe someday I get to ...

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 4:10pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 7:40am:

Is there a way to delete all the pictures in 523 variations ? I'm pretty sure Mr Speaker in the first pictures is really interesting but do we really need 12 pictures of him ?
And there is a lot more duplicates, so it is a bit discouraging and doesn't really make one want to see all the pictures.
But it is nice to be able to see slingers' motion, so all duplicates don't need to be cropped out.

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 6:14pm

I hear you, timpa.  It's on my bucket list too.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 12:59pm

caldou - no it really wasn't that interesting - unless you spoke spanish. Smiley
And as these are my oliveras own pictures - nothing I can do about it Smiley

In balearic funditors pic I'm slightly to the right of centre (it's often said lol) with a purple foner de felanitx t-shirt and dark glasses Smiley
I'm standing next to Hector - who I scrounged the t-shirt from Smiley

You can just about see david's hat to the right of the target.
The guy on the left in green holding his sling over his head is christian - from austria.

Great guy and the happiest person I've ever seen to hit a target. Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 3:22pm

I want to go to the one in 2017 but hopefully they don't have all the tourist stuff. All I care about is slinging with other slingers.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 3:08pm

I'll work on pep.
One of the things about the tourist stuff was that pep got the town councils to feed us. The ony meal he arranged directly was a bit weird, lol

There were also alot of people from different islands and the mainland, so a fair bit of politicking going on.

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't have missed it for the world. But definitely more slinging next time Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:33pm

Thank you. And I won't turn down food either.  Smiley But if anyone tries to put me on a tour bus for hours on end I'll cry like a little girl, I swear I will. I just want to spare them that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, vetryan15, Kick, Morphy)