Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
what style you use for long-range Slinging? (Read 4673 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: what style you use for long-range Slinging?
Reply #15 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:38am

generally a sidearm - as said it lets you use a lot more of your body to generate power than fig 8.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Fëanor

Slinging rocks.

Stockholm, Sweden.
Reply #16 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:47am

Really? I find about as much body involvement with both styles but more of a snap with the arm in fig8.

On the Swedish coast   With Russia in the distance Slinging at the bear. (4accord done it) "Mind must be firmer, heart the more fierce, courage the greater, as our strength diminishes."  The old warrior Byrhtwold during the battle of Maldon in 991 AD.

IP Logged

Mark-Harrop
Funditor

cracker of zombieskulls

worldwide
Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:14am

I would like to see a 400+ meter shot on video...

My daughters can figure-8...

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #18 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:16am

Unless the sling is wery long I use figure8, maybe with a cross step.  I find I can do this with a rather long sling.  If the sling is wery long I may use a "backward" style.  I think of it as a Byzantine sidearm with a extended arch gained by starting backward. 
I don`t practice distance slinging a lot, though, as I`m not good at it at all, an there always seems to be people wandering about when I try. 
Must be a curse or something Wink

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #19 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 11:29am

i have had that problem timann, in the gym where i sling every Sunday night i take up a very small amount of space while i'm slinging in there, and yet people just walk right into the lane of fire when they obviously know that i'm there and want that space, its so annoying!  Sad
actually one of my friends brothers walked right into the lane of fire, trying to "tease" us, then he walked in the way while legos896 was about to fire, he got nailed in the shoulder and learned his lesson, he never gets in the way of our slinging again.  Cheesy

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 3:34pm

Mark-Harrop wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:14am:
I would like to see a 400+ meter shot on video...

well the closest you're going to get is the video of larry bray playing sling golf.

Golf ball was still going up when it went over the fence at the end of the driving range Smiley

Officially the world's best distance style.

forward to around the 10 minute mark for when he was actually trying for distance.

And yes it was the next throw, with a bunch of the golf club comittee members watching that left the driving range completely.

Didn't video that one - sod's law Smiley

But as he still holds the traditional slinging world record. That is officially the best distance slinging technique currently known to man Smiley

And it's bloody difficult as well.
I've spent 8 years on and off trying to master it and haven't come close yet.

My best attempt was on chesil beach, never did see the splash on that one Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 5:28pm

This is a valuable video!!!

But; The video does not show what he is doing differently. What is his secret? (other than the very strong throwing arm).

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 6:58pm

Sorry I can not do anything special end finish. The distance is not to be seen. I know some people shoot much further, with better technology. I do not think it outstanding. In the best case, it is average. Sorry.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #23 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:17pm

He used to play pro baseball right? I bet it comes down to physical conditioning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)