Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trust (Read 1573 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Trust
Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:25pm

My wife and I are watching Survivor and it got me thinking about trust. How many non related people do you truly trust?
I can think of maybe one person. You?

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Re: Trust
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 8:16pm

I trust everyone ..to a given value of trust.

"Do what thou will"Shall be the whole of the law."love is the law, love under will"

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:54am

I trust more than I should but people usually live up to the faith I put in them.
Real, limitless trust? I have less than a handful in mind

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 4:07pm

You guys are hanging out with the wrong people. 

I have found that the majority of people are a lot more trustworthy than most people think.

Yes, there are bad apples but most people are pretty honest.

IP Logged

Bikewer
Interfector Viris Spurii

I love Slinging.org!

St. Louis, Mo
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:44am

Kind of as Ajax says.   Being in the line of work I am, I see the results of human failings all the time.  I would trust any number of people I know with certain things.... Not necessarily with others.

I know coppers I would not trust in a hot situation.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:46am

I trust humans to be human.

Read enough history and that becomes a terrifying statement. The number of people I'd trust in rubber meets the road situation to have my back? About five. Only two nonfamily members. Maybe a few more that if we knew each other better might fall in that category. Plenty more I could have an a mutually beneficial alliance with but I don't count that as trust.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:30am

Number of people I trust with my life? 3. Number I trust to have my back? 5 or so, plus my parents. if things go south? One- because the other two have no skills.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 2:58am

When I say trust I mean someone who would never back stab you. And would always be their for you. Not the day to day trust we all have for our usual relationships. Again I can maybe come up with 1. But I may not be the most trusting Individual out there.

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 3:27pm

maybe 1-2, and one of them is a Slinger  Smiley and even though i never met Aussie i fully trust him.  Smiley

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 6:34pm

I trust my people.  Close family and friends too, though I've only a few and they're not peers.  ('Friends' is technically accurate, but they're a bit more like mentors/adopted extended family.)
True, I only trust them 'as far as they go'.  Everyone has their own constantly evolving brand of trust.  Which does not reflect poorly on them.  Like, in the case of Survivor- I wouldn't necessarily trust my people to be able to do things.  They would do as best they could, but if they don't have experience in a situation, what can you do?  So I guess that means I don't trust them to be flawless or omnipotent.  Especially in high pressure and/or unfamiliar situations.  But I should hope that goes without saying, and hope no one trusts me like that.

Sometimes I think well/don't think ill of a person and still don't trust them.  If you don't jive, priorities don't line up, just don't know them well enough, then meh.  It happens.  No biggie.
That's not to say I think the worst of people I don't know well enough to trust, you just can't assume these things, is all.  It's all case-by-case if I need to make a decision on the fly.  There are some major scrungemuffins out there that I do not trust any farther than I could throw, and you do have to be aware of those and those like them.  So it goes.

But yeah, trust my people to have my back and do what they can?  Sure.  The others are just acquaintances.

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:34am

It's hard to quantify, different people I trust with different things to different degrees.

I guess the only creatures I've ever trusted 100% have been my dogs.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2015 at 3:35pm by Curious Aardvark »  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:14pm

I can't think of a single person that I'm related to who I wouldn't trust as deeply as the OP. As for non-relatives, very few but not zero.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)