Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slings are cool (Read 1345 times)
javascripter
Novicius

Slinging Bullets Rocks!

Slings are cool
Feb 12th, 2015 at 4:58pm

Hello people. I don't actually sling things much, but I find all types of historical weapons and tactics fascinating, and this forum seems to be very active relative to most niche forums that I've found. I initially signed up to ask how sling length affected sling use, because google hasn't been to helpful with questions about slings, but I already read the answer on here. I'll probably pop up sporadically, probably often to ask questions on the "other weapons" section.

I also made a really bad sling once. (You can also probably tell that my camera skills aren't great.) Now that I read a little on here (and will probably read more) I might try to find some old seatbelt now.

GOPR0223.JPG (36 KB | 91 )
GOPR0223.JPG

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Re: Slings are cool
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 12:39am

Welcome to the forum. I also found this place from researching other weapons. I have some seat belt laying around along with a couple of seat belt slings. If you PM me your address I will send you a ready made sling along with some seat belt to make more.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:22am

Welcome, javascripter;
   You're right, that is a really bad sling.  lol  The seatbelt sling is a great choice.  They're very versatile and easy to use.  Plus they're very durable.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:48pm

The "cords" will encounter too much air drag and tangle the stone (that's why a scarf makes a bad sling), and the pouch will rip off, dangerously.

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:12am

Thearos wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:48pm:
The "cords" will encounter too much air drag and tangle the stone (that's why a scarf makes a bad sling), and the pouch will rip off, dangerously.

besides that the slings great, lol. but thearos does have a point, can you pick up some para-cord from you local Walmart or store, most of them have some, make a simple sling out of that from the tutorials section of slinging.org. you should be good once you make one of those.

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)