Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
25m slinging challenge (Read 21741 times)
jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Re: 25m slinging challenge
Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 7:55am

Accuracy is great, but i'm at least as amazed how powerful the shots are with such a short sling. Would you make a destruction video with 1+meter long sling?

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 12:17pm

http://www.tirdefona.org/wordpress/?page_id=1874

Juan Caballero was the winner of the international tournament 2011

Do not get me wrong. Lui is a very good Slinger. I really like him. For me he is a gentlemen Slinger.

I learned a lot from Jaume Darder. He is also a multiple champion. And of Juano Caballero. There is one Slinger from Soller. Nikola. He is also Fantastic

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 12:26pm

Nikola

2115.jpg (1719 KB | 149 )
2115.jpg

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 5:47am

In my opinion is very easy give names, for me one of the best ones is Jose Ramon Garcia, very regular slinger, but for example last season, jaume, Juanjo or Nicolas didn’t get to the final for the last Balearic season, you can be training very much  and not be in classification for the last round of the final,  but then is only one day, a couple of hours, and maybe that time you go with no training, but you feel good, the sling in your hands has  a very good feeling and the stones are perfect weight, and you become the first. I think is much more pleasure be the best of the league of teams, that is six competitions during the year, and there is five people in the team , over there you see ho is the best, the last one Menorca team was the champion in front of Mallorca, you can d teams as you like, for example Mallorca team are only senior competitors, but us we are two seniors, one women and two kids. I think that’s is the top of you can win here on the islands. But….. why do you sling? I don’t sling for be the number one, I do it because its my life, I’m 30 years old and I have been 21 years slinging, I prefer much more a training day with all the slingers than not a competition, in fact here in the island we are like a family I mean wen one of us throwing to the target, there is lot of respect, and after the five shootings is typical the others come and try to rectificate your possible fails. Why do I sling? Because I like it, it’s for me and if I can help others slingers much better, I go to schools to teach and show all about the sling and slinging, if not this can be forgotten , its our culture.
And if not I  can break watermelons that if much fun, hehe

livermore  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 6:48am

jaegoor - balearic-slinger is luis/louis.
Just thought I'd mention it before you really insult him Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #20 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 6:52am

Well, you're still a great face for the sport Mr. Livermore!
Jaegoor, thanks for the link, I need to brush up on my Spanish apparently lol
As for myself, I'm getting a watermelon asap!

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #21 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 10:00am

I want that you do not get me wrong. lui is an excellent slinger. But there are some very good slinger more. Nikola is no longer the youngest. But he is best fit.He is a very likeable Slinger. Lui is also so
Roll Eyes Grin

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #22 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 10:58am

Juano Caballero and Jaegoor 2010 Engen Germany

Engen_001.jpg (39 KB | 134 )
Engen_001.jpg

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #23 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 4:50pm

balearic-sling wrote on Feb 17th, 2015 at 5:47am:
In my opinion is very easy give names, for me one of the best ones is Jose Ramon Garcia, very regular slinger, but for example last season, jaume, Juanjo or Nicolas didn’t get to the final for the last Balearic season, you can be training very much  and not be in classification for the last round of the final,  but then is only one day, a couple of hours, and maybe that time you go with no training, but you feel good, the sling in your hands has  a very good feeling and the stones are perfect weight, and you become the first. I think is much more pleasure be the best of the league of teams, that is six competitions during the year, and there is five people in the team , over there you see ho is the best, the last one Menorca team was the champion in front of Mallorca, you can d teams as you like, for example Mallorca team are only senior competitors, but us we are two seniors, one women and two kids. I think that’s is the top of you can win here on the islands. But….. why do you sling? I don’t sling for be the number one, I do it because its my life, I’m 30 years old and I have been 21 years slinging, I prefer much more a training day with all the slingers than not a competition, in fact here in the island we are like a family I mean wen one of us throwing to the target, there is lot of respect, and after the five shootings is typical the others come and try to rectificate your possible fails. Why do I sling? Because I like it, it’s for me and if I can help others slingers much better, I go to schools to teach and show all about the sling and slinging, if not this can be forgotten , its our culture.
And if not I  can break watermelons that if much fun, hehe

I agree. Its a way of life.

I would love to have grown up in a culture where slinging is well known sport.

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #24 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 6:11pm

In Finland, slinging is childish. Fortunately, I'm childish. Cheesy

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #25 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 9:57pm

Timpa, it's not just childish where I live, it's down right eccentric.  But that's OK, I've been called a lot worse than just eccentric....

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #26 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 4:20pm

So I rewatched the video and just noticed how large those stones were. Very impressive speed for such large stones and short sling. Mr. Livermore do you know the average weight stones you were using?

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #27 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 4:34pm

I could shoot all day at that watermelon and would still miss

IP Logged

HuntsmanSling
Funditor

Sling Maker

Vancouver, WA
Reply #28 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 9:11pm

haha theoros.. Yes the stones Mr. Livermore used were large and his sling looked short.. but the dude is pretty big. It's like Goliath's turn to use the sling o no!

"Discipline leads to self respect which leads to courage"

Huntsman Slings available on Etsy HERE
&
seen on Youtube HERE

IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #29 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 3:14pm

Hello people, the stones are 200-250g and as you see a bit bigger than a normal egg.

livermore  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark)