Slinging Mindset (Read 3400 times)
BarefootSlinger
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Tas, Aus
Slinging Mindset
Nov 29th, 2014 at 9:56am

Hi First post,
i am curious about how you start slinging on any given day, often if i am really hyped and just throwing i can hardly hit anything (given i use the helicopter technique, two spins behind head, push foward in a snappy motion and release) but if i calm down and become self aware of my surroundings and my sling and then divert my attention to more driving the pebble at the intended target and really not focusing on my windup, just letting it flow naturally i find i can get it really close or sometimes actually hit what i am aiming at (i try and aim for small things) what do you think while aiming/slinging? thanks

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Slinging Mindset
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 10:17am

Well, first I grab my backpack, choose 3 or 4 of the 15 slings I have to take with me, and I take some tennisballs and clay projectiles. Than I get my bicycle and ride till I find a good spot to sling. When I start slinging, I notice confidence is really important. If I'm not confident, I will miss and have a bad throw. This usually happens when people look at me slinging. When I'm confident and comfortable though, I can have some very good hits. I try to think of nothing. When I do think, ''is this going to work''? I lose my confidence and have a bad throw. So I have to clear my mind.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 12:31pm

Research some of the zen and slinging threads, the mind/no mind thing.  Most of us seem to have a better slinging day if we concentrate totally on what we are doing but sort of turn our mind off, or at least the thinking part.

IP Logged

BarefootSlinger
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Tas, Aus
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 3:39am

thanks for the reply i shall have a squiz, heres a video i made me trying not to focus on my windup to much (no re-takes)

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 4:48am

Nice slinging, your accuracy seems good. I like the surroundings too.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 7:42am

Bill nailed it. I find my accuracy comes from when I focus totally on slinging and let my mind wander.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 3:58pm

It looked good! And a great place to slinging!

I also slinging the bare toes last summer; and I got a bluish toenail. Angry
(It has already been healed)

IP Logged

BarefootSlinger
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Tas, Aus
Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 7:57pm

Thanks for the replies, and timpa i find i am more stable and accurate being barefoot because i can feel my motion better and i slide around in shoes when i sling, my only concern is accidentally hitting my foot with the sling.

IP Logged

barefoot42
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Missouri
Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 11:38pm

Nice slinging! Your wind up is very relaxed.   I like the bare feet too! The little one and I are almost always barefooted in the summer, it's below freezing right now though. Sad   I don't think your feet are in too much danger, when a person is barefooted, they tend to be much more aware and careful with their feet.

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:33am

Good job! keep it up,and you can get on top,as you seem very young,and a natural born slinger Smiley

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 9:53am

Hi, BS;
    Welcome.  I've seen your video on youtube before.  One of the best things about your form is how your body is completely relaxed.  It's very difficult to be accurate if you're all tensed up.  I also like your surroundings.  You live in a beautiful area.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #11 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 11:10pm

Nice video barefoot.
I gotta get over to tas someday.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 1:05pm

Hmm. Seems like I will always be in the minority when it comes to the whole "zen-slinging" idea. Jaegoor and myself anyways. Good company to be in I guess.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15, Chris, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)