Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from the british (Read 1569 times)
cairomn
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Hello from the british
Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:29pm

Hello everyone.
My name is Cairo. My interest into slings was started when I was a young boy. I had a book on egyption history and in the book there was an image that's still prominent in my minds eye. The drawing of a lowly boy who was scaring some crows of a farm next to the Nile. A mundane task to you but one of thrilling proportions for the young child such as myself. The idea of Effecting reality outside of my bodily reach was all I could think about... I must let you know that I have a condition called Aspergers syndrom (for those who don't know, it is a mental "condition" that makes us  incapable of seemingly primative and basic things such as, knowing if your happy or sad, or understanding metaphorical constructs. It also can make us extreamly intelligent, logical, and gifted in music or art, it can make us have an ability to memorise numbers or dates to the point of which somone can tell you what significant events happens on the 10 of april 1753 bc in exact detail. One man with Aspergers can tell you every single number of pi to the 100000000th decimal place). Anyway got a bit sidetracked. What I was saying was that I was really fascinated by it.

A few days ago I found the king tut sling and it was the spark that set my interest alight... Again.
Thanks for your time.
From cairo

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Hello from the british
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 6:41am

You're welcome to the forum Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 7:27am

Glad you found us!
I had a friend in high school who tried to memorize pi..... I think he got past fifty and we were all like "whoah!"

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 9:22pm

Well, when you actually make a sling, the ammo to learn with is tennis balls.  They are heavy enough to throw, easy to find and not fatal if you hit yourself or someone else.

Welcome to the site and stick around for a while.  If you have problems, there are lots of people who will help you.

IP Logged

cairomn
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 7:11am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 7:33am

Hi cairom, welcome to the forum.

Talking about Asperger Syndrome - I've done a lot of online 'tests' and I always got a positive score, but I've never been diagnosed by a psychologist. Anyway, I think you will feel quite at home here.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

barefoot42
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Missouri
Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 11:10pm

Aspberger's Syndrome runs in my family. My dad has it, my nephew has it, and I showed signs of it as a child, and still do to a much lesser extent from time to time. I can't really claim to have it because I'm affected so little, but I definitely can see things from that side of the mirror.  I tend to swing from one 'obsession' to another, and right now slinging is one of them. Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 7:01pm

Hi, Cairo;
    Welcome to slinging.org.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar)