Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RC Things (Read 1756 times)
Banzai

Nicaragua
RC Things
Oct 19th, 2014 at 8:58pm

Anyone else here an RC fanatic?  I love remote controlled cars, planes, helicopters, boats, you name it.  Of course, I've never tried to fly an RC plane or Boat, but I sure would like to!

1 Samuel 17:50

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: RC Things
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:49pm

planes and helis are fun.
I have a micro Telemaster, which is electric-36" wingspan, 5 channel. I love it.
My uncle has a gas P51 with a much bigger wingspan(I don't know it). 2 cylinder... That thing is even more fun, but slightly less aerobatic.
I also have a heli with a collective. It is very hard to fly, I still can barely hover it. I love flying it though... too much fun. Electric with 18" blades.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 11:08pm

Banzai wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 8:58pm:
Anyone else here an RC fanatic?  I love remote controlled cars, planes, helicopters, boats, you name it.  Of course, I've never tried to fly an RC plane or Boat, but I sure would like to! 

Don't try to fly your boat.  That never works as well as it does in the movies.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 4:45am

Roman Catholic ?

IP Logged

Banzai

Nicaragua
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:06pm

Haha, tip taken.  I will refrain from trying to fly my boat.

IP Logged

algorias
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:53pm

A friend of mine has a bunch of RC planes and a standing offer that anyone who manages a clean landing on the simulator gets to try out the real thing. So far no takers  Embarrassed. Those 3 degrees of freedom are mighty challenging when your view is from a fixed spot on the ground.

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:45pm

I got a Silverlit Nano Falcon, which is a tiny indoor helicopter.  All i seem to need right now, else I`d buy a quadricopter of some kind

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 4:51pm

algorias wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:53pm:
A friend of mine has a bunch of RC planes and a standing offer that anyone who manages a clean landing on the simulator gets to try out the real thing. So far no takers  Embarrassed. Those 3 degrees of freedom are mighty challenging when your view is from a fixed spot on the ground.

can I take him up on that? Wink

Really fun thing to do in G4(flight simulator by Realflight) is to take the F86 sabre, adjust the engine to have a tad more thrust... And fly the Sierra Nevada map. If you go for a long time, you reach the ocean. If you climb HIGH, you can glide long enough to make it to an island. Land there.
dodging trees and skimming the ground from cockpit view is fun too.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

scoteeball

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:12am

I was at an outdoor wedding a few weeks ago where someone was flying a radio controlled model drone with a GoPro camera. These seem to be very stable and easier to fly than some of the old RC planes and copters. Looks like fun.

"Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"

IP Logged

Banzai

Nicaragua
Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 10:22am

I would be extremely scared of wrecking the copter into the audience or the bride!

IP Logged

thebasketcase

doing the slinger's squat

Reply #10 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:50pm

There is a RC plane park right next to the sporting clays course where I practice. More than one plane has seen the consequences of flying directly over our heads.  Undecided For most of them are nitro planes do they are quite loud, they tend to distract me and after my muzzles tend to follow the planes instead of the clays.

the constant search for the perfect stone

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2014 at 7:07am

Got a couple mini indoor helicopters that are fun.

Keep looking at quadcopters.

I can print my own spare parts.

And a quadcopter with a camera would be great fun.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Chris)