Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Met with C_A yesterday! (Read 1950 times)
PandaMan

NOOOOOB!

UK
Met with C_A yesterday!
Oct 19th, 2014 at 5:02pm

C_A and I met up yesterday and spent ages slinging at his balearic target. That's C_A on the left and me on the right.

The target was originally just the wooden frame and metal bullseye but we modified it with some white plastic C_A found to make 1-point shots clearer.

I got lots of excellent advice and noticeably improved just over the course of about 4 hours of slinging. I also got to see his 3D printer, which was awesome! I want one even more now!  Grin

Thank you C_A for your hospitality and your help with my slinging technique!  Cheesy

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Re: Met with C_A yesterday!
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 5:50pm

Spacious and good environment to throw.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:22pm

yep it's a great spot- bit of a slog to get there. But you can see anyone coming and sling uphill. Which makes getting the ammo back easier Smiley

Was a good day - included seeing where zombies get shot and a sow giving birth to piglets and the dangerous ground that is the Yum-Yum shop and a boxer stealing one of our tennis balls. Not too mention turning two left feet into a left and a right.
And, of course,  some slinging, and I genuinely didn't make any of that up, it all happened. It can be an education spending a day with me Smiley
Though to be fair, it was the first time I'd seen a farrowing sow as well Smiley

Was good fun, think I got panda onto the right track and he was hitting the target an awful lot more at the end of the afternoon than at the start. Which was the aim of the exercise Smiley   

The target looks low. But that's the beauty of slinging uphill - to make the target higher, you just walk backwards Smiley

Always good to meet other slingers, and I'm pretty sure we'll meet up again.

There are easier to get to spots we could have used. But none of them have a hill with year round short grass and a convenient lake on which you can play: how many gulls can I make take off by hitting the water with a slung missile.
I won that one whistle

X marks the spot.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 6:30am

you look the same as when we met, CA

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:05am

yeah, i just refuse to get older lol

I will live forever !
(or die in the attempt)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 8:47am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:05am:

I will live forever !
(or die in the attempt)

Immortality, or your money back.  http://ricbrowde.com/guarantee.htm

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

PandaMan

NOOOOOB!

UK
Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:36pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:22pm:
Was good fun, think I got panda onto the right track and he was hitting the target an awful lot more at the end of the afternoon than at the start. Which was the aim of the exercise Smiley   

[...]

Always good to meet other slingers, and I'm pretty sure we'll meet up again.

You definitely got me on the right tracks. I couldn't hit the target at all when we started and by the end I'd got a few bullseyes. Cheesy

I think we will definitely meet up again when I can drive up there Smiley

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:59pm

Sounds great, PandaMan.  C_A might easily have saved you a few years of fumbling on alone, just don`t lean back and relax but keep on practicing, so you don`loose it again  Smiley

IP Logged

PandaMan

NOOOOOB!

UK
Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 3:08pm

timann wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:59pm:
Sounds great, PandaMan.  C_A might easily have saved you a few years of fumbling on alone, just don`t lean back and relax but keep on practicing, so you don`loose it again  Smiley

I will keep practicing. I'm practicing the motion without the sling when indoors and I've recorded some slinging for some self analysis (based on C_A's advice, of course!)

I'm probably gonna shoot a video in better lighting and post it on the forums Smiley

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:36am

Oxnate wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 8:47am:
Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:05am:

I will live forever !
(or die in the attempt)

Immortality, or your money back.  http://ricbrowde.com/guarantee.htm

Don't lose your head.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 7:15am

timann wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:59pm:

yeah leaning back was one of his problems Smiley

IF you can master the invisible sling technique for muscle memory training - it really helps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15)