Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Slinging and throwing (video) (Read 11729 times)
walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Slinging and throwing (video)
Reply #45 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 10:00pm

And, what's happened to elevenses noidea

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #46 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 2:54pm

I have done a lot of experimentation to see how to get Mark`s style to blend with mine.  I`m not sure I have changed much but some small improvements may have taken place.  Probaby most in my hand throwing. 
I was out earlier today and fooled around with my first ever smartphone, trying to learn how to use it`s video function.  I suppose it worked pretty well, as I could get the stuff all the way into Youtube Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC71ZhiyBVw

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #47 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:42am

Grin Grin cool

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Mark-Harrop
Funditor

cracker of zombieskulls

worldwide
Reply #48 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 12:58pm

Gotta love the smartphone...

Great consistency, if you can build your speed upon that you will be deadly.

I just ordered one of these pocket radar guns like Timpa has, so I will see if I can get some speeds to use as a baseline, then see how sling length effects speed, maybe see if I can come up with a ratio or something scientific…  Grin

I also just ordered a Cansonic UDV-888, its like a GoPro but cheaper and does more stuff. The only thing is the frame rate, it doesn't go over 60fps so super-slow mo will be a little choppy, but I can still use the iPhone for that.
If anyone is thinking about a GoPro, check the Cansonic out first.

My daughters can figure-8...

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #49 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 12:02am

The thought of smartphones scared me but I seem to be able to handle mine now Cheesy
While I practice a lot, speed is the hitch for me, which is why I try to find ways to move more economical and efficient.  Much like I did with my reloading, which is done without any unnecessary movements.

PS I`d like to mention that while practicing I usually sling at different distances, 10 -15 - 20 - 30 and sometimes 40 meters, moving backward and then forward again. 
At 30 meters I sometimes even hit the bandana Cheesy
My lousy equipment have hardly been able to record anything between 10 meter.  I`m not sure how the new phone will do, I had enough trouble keeping myself in the frame at my first attempts Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2014 at 1:07am by timann »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick, Curious Aardvark)